Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job! The Real Deal by NEPMTBA a history lesson

For everyone:

A few years or so ago. Chris Stine asked me on as ride at Frances Slocum to help him form a group to take care of the trails and do rides at FS. So, I started NEPMTBA,(you all know what it stands for) coined the name NEPMTBA. started our website, emailed then PM at FS Kris Baker and asked if he would like help with the trails!

It was I who asked Kevin into the group, From there we did all we could at FS. Chris hosted the Tuesday night rides I scheduled the workdays, led groups on the rides and everyone had fun. I worked out many ideas with Kris Baker and the trails at FS never looked so good! I planned with Kris Baker the expansion of trails at FS at that point until he left FS. NEPMTBA works with the new PM and staff at FS to better the trails!

I took the group to new levels helping in many other parks, Chris & Kevin by their own choice didn't want to go into other areas. They left NEPMTBA They weren't kicked out or any other rumor BS. I was glad to see they formed their own group and tried to work with Chris but didn't happen in that venue. Kevin I didn't see much but we had no problems at that point.

Chuck Kovach and I set up the mOOn lake deal with Chuck being the driving force behind it. Kevin nor Chris supported it. Chris did show on the first day but was not involved after that. NEPMTBA went on to all the success you see before you now! Thanks to everyone who made that a go! Moon lake is a huge success!

I helped Rob Gregory, Hubbard and I recommended Gene Katapski to join us at Moosic mt. Another huge success NEPMTBA was part of.

Last year Chuck Kovach and I hosted the Christmas party with the NEPMTBA name cause no one else stepped up. Everyone was invited. Loren Possinger spoke, Chris Stine was there. No problems! This year Loren Possinger decided to run with it I see although it's advertised as a party for everyone?

This year? Drawing lines in the sand? Why? I posted it as the NEPMTBA Christmas party cause that's what it is to me. You don't want me there? Fine say so! I will have our own NEPMTBA Christmas party and your still invited to attend that if you like. You want to split everything? Again why? People just want to ride and I'm with them on that side of the fence! I spend my time working on trails for "EVERYONE" to ride.If you don't come it's not cause your not invited! The trail doesn't care who rides it! And I say "HI" to everyone on the trail.

I don't have time, nor care for any negative BS, I ride, I race, I build, I work with lot's of great people in, mt biking, motorcycling, fishing and others who all enjoy the stuff we call FUN!

Sorry, to all those who don't get it, I felt it was time for a response to this and I wish Kevin & Chris 100% success.

I'm going back to our FUN!
    Se ya on the trail
    NEPMTBA
    GONE RID'IN

mtbr member
    Ok, now let's tell the truth Lee.

Granted, yes...we all worked well together but your insistance and impatience with the manager at FS led to the problems that caused us to break apart. You don't like to follow orders or step by step planning that the state and DCNR requires. In short, we just can't go in and build trails at our whim. It doesn't work that way and when Chris Baker and then Rex Bradish told us of this you got upset and started looking elsewhere to do things your own way.

Also, your insistance that we become non profit at my and Chris's expense just so the group could qualify for DCNR grant Money and our refusal to go along with that at that meeting at the Checkerboard ended things. Remember, we all had a voice, a 3 WAY VOICE and you were outvoted. We were happy the way it was, concentrating on our little corner of the Mountain Bike trail system. You weren't. We let you keep the name, officially sent resignation letters to the county and FS, and formed the group we have now.

Everyone here remembers how you hated IMBA and drug those guys thru the mud on this forum. All of a sudden you were in love with them when you found out that there was $$ to be had, all we had to do was be non profit. Since Chris and I just wanted to ride and only be subject to the schedule at Slocum, we figured who needed the paperwork and expense to do something like a non profit when the park supplies us with everything we need, so you were out voted...and you got mad and stomped out.

No one is denying the fact that you have done a great job at ML, but let me ask....are you non profit yet?...or under IMBA's umbrella...meaning THEY get the grant money to put toward the projects, not you or your group.

You are responding to your own stupidity here. You knew Wensday night that the party was listed as "MOUNTAIN BIKERS XMAS PARTY" but still had to waive the flag and grab credit. People see right thru this now and I speak for the majority here I believe by saying that this is a PA forum, not your own little soapbox. By all means, post up accomplishments, I will be the first to applaud them, but it's like no one can voice their opinion or their groups stuff up as you keep burying it under NEPMTBA nonsensical posts. That's what you have a shoutbox for on your site, as we do on ours.

We've ignored you for the most part and just let you post, even the post about the gap drop at Slocum when you and Todd belittled the trails and then proceeded to make some false accusations about people getting thrown out of the park for dog walking and such....we just let it go as it wasn't worth bandwidth. Let me tell you something, the staff at Slocum reads this board and they quickly approached and wanted to let us know that that NEVER happened, so your credibility with the Frances Slocum staff is pretty much shot.

You say you are for Mountain Bikers everywhere, but you knock down and belittle other groups and their efforts and then make up lies about things that never happened? That my friend is not a friend of Mountain Biking.

To those of other groups reading this garbage, my sincere apologies but sometimes this has to be done. Lee, you have my phone number and you know where I'm at.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Kev you just don't get do ya?

It would be nice to have more trails everywhere for everyone!

Your digging up past stuff instead of building and working towards the future!

Where are all the trails you claim to build Sno Mountain? FS expansion? Can I ride them yet? Ours are there and people are riding them can you say the same? You are in the same place since you left NEPMTBA years ago.

You "let me" post? Ha Ha Where on MTBR? I didn't know you owned it? Telling me how to post? Hey your own advice back at ya! SHUT UP AND RIDE... LOL

I don't have anything to do with your site as I have no reason to go there!

I didn't start the post about FS and Gap Drop! People told me about it and their were rumors.

Still wish ya the best
    NEPMTBA
    GONE RIDING

mtbr member
    I know you didn't start it, but you sure as hell joined in at our expense just to promote what you do. You never once heard us knock ML down regardless of what was posted. We respected you in that regard only to see you jump all over what we work so hard to keep going.

The trails at Sno are in the planning stages. You and I know that it has been a battle up there just to get the ski operation running the right way after years of mismanagement by the county. Then we have the water park fiasco, still only 80% complete. The Mt Bike trails are the last on the agenda, and like I have stated with Slocum, we wait until it becomes a priority on their schedule, not ours.

I get it Lee, very well..and so does everyone else. Problem is you don't.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Kevin:

My relationships with others has nothing or no concern of yours. NEPMTBA's relationships are my concern and the people I work with and answer to are only "my" concern. As far as Frances Slocum you were there when the PM told us "everyone" is welcome to come help at FS and I signed a volunteer app just like you did. I don't or never have caused trouble at Frances Slocum, and have done more work there than you have to date. I have never been told of any problems addressed to me. There never was a blowout like you have said to others between myself and the PM. So, your info is incorrect. You don't know when I do work and send hours to the PM nor will you. My relationship with their staff is between myself and them. I attended the spring FS meeting along with Todd and you were there. There was no problems at all I spoke to all concerned and I feel we had a good meeting I got the info I wanted. I ride there plenty with others and follow all the rules. I love the trails at FS as I do everywhere.

So again your info is incorrect!

Again I wish you the best and have no contact with you. I don't frequent your shop, post on your forum, or ride with you. I don't bother you in anyway other than to speak with you here on MTBR in an open forum. I don't attend your workdays at FS or anywhere else as I have my own deals

Maybe I know more than you realize.
    Lee Curry
    NEPMTBA

mtbr member
    Nowhere did I say you had a blowout with the PM...you had the blowout with Chris and I, with other people present at the Checkerboard.

I stand by my information as it is correct so don't twist it. You got caught red handed badmouthing the park, on this board, so deal with it.

You fail to realize that I also know more than you think I do.

This conversation ends. See you at the party.

Fortes Fortuna Iuvat

Dragging personal issues onto public boards can be a dual edged sword.
    Maverick Durance Ano-DUC32/C KING/XTR
    Mav ML8 Ano-DUC32/X0
    Mav ML8-DUC32/I9/XTR
    09 Spec. Demo-Totem-Ti DHX
    Norco Team DH

mtbr member
    May 2009

mt biking in MEPA.

Hello I hope that is all out of our system.Joining everyone together to promote mt biking in nepa is a super idea. Just think we could be a destination for alot of people, Mabey even get togather and set up some racing events that how knows Can be a real famous event in the future. lets get started, Any interest????

Did you ever have ham?
    Kevin, I am not trying to be a problem on here, however, if you choose to use my name in referenece to certain things...please get your story straight. After I read your post, I went back and re-read the entire gap/drop at slocum to see if I did belittle the trails at Slocum. If I had, I would have apologized...those were some of the first trails I rode and I do enjoy them. Nowhere in that thread did I belittle the trails at Slocum. Furthermore, I made no false accusations! I clearly stated that what I heard was "through the grapevine" or it "was my opinion." Last time I checked in America we could state our opinion! If they changed the Constitution I humbly apologize!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by Plains Bike
    Nowhere did I say you had a blowout with the PM...you had the blowout with Chris and I, with other people present at the Checkerboard.

I stand by my information as it is correct so don't twist it. You got caught red handed badmouthing the park, on this board, so deal with it.

You fail to realize that I also know more than you think I do.

This conversation ends. See you at the party.
    Kev

I didn't have a blow out, I just moved on and wasn't being held back anymore ...Can't blame a fellow for that now can ya?

This is down right comical, but here goes, my opinion of a trail is my opinion and free speech. Not punishable by a fine or banned from a SP or MTBR. Trails are inanimate objects and their feelings are not hurt. I will make a formal apology to the trails this week when I ride at FS, So, I got caught red handed? I guess I would get a reprimand now wouldn't I? And others did as I did so are they caught red handed?

Well, you topped me, I guess your guilty also, you belittled FS & mOOn by saying CDH is harder...LOL

Whoops there goes your relationship with FS and the mOOn!

You gotta be laughing at this point also .
    Ride the mOOn, 25 miles of hard trails or easy trails.
    Thanks and Good Luck
    NEPMTBA

mtbr member
    Like you said Lee...Movin' on...

See you at the Party.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

... and if we just ...

Quote Originally Posted by Plains Bike
    Like you said Lee...Movin' on...

See you at the Party.
    Yepppppp...