Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

The Real Christmas Party

Lee...you have to stop taking credit for things that EVERYONE and ALL GROUPS have worked for. The "Real" Christmas Party, same location was put together by myself, Chris Stine, Loren Possinger from DCNR & his son Jake at a meeting at Plains Bike a few weeks ago. Nowhere is there any tie in to any one said group and it was to be advertised as "Mountain Bikers Christmas Party" For ALL groups, wether it be yours, ours, Hubbard, Sicklers, Around Town, Main Bike...anyone. This was an agreement between all of us.

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    well, this is the NEPMTBA/Moon forum, isn't it?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyDean
    Yeah, I thought they owned it? They put up a post or ten-thousand a week instead of emailing each other how many times they took a dump today. They post on here so much, they may as well take credit for the forum too!

ttyl, Fahn

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Well guys...

I guess we just have too much fun!

We have the First, The Original, and the bast group! Hubbard, Sicklers, WVMTBA, Garys Crew all ride the mOOn as well as others from out of state! We have so many friends it's! really great! I have never seen Kevin from Plains or Rob from Hubbard there! Have you been there? If so great! If not well... WHY NOT! Rob we even have Free Ride! Kevin there's trails for your rail/trail butt as you call it!

Posting info on MTBR isn't open to your judgment and all we post is good and we have brought so many new riders onto the sport. If you notice many others join our posters and respond so where do you get off saying it's wrong! We don't bother you in anyway! Why post this stupidity unless your jealous? Are you? Sad! Your always welcome to join us for a ride anytime! Our workday had 25 workers and 60 riders form all clubs! Hell, yes were excited about 25 miles of trails and everyone who rides the mOOn It is a huge plus as less than 2 years ago we just had Frances Slocum as a legal riding area.

Roy, your welcome to ride also!

Maybe, just maybe you should get off you logs and come ride!

Carry on!

NEPMTBA
    YA WE POST ON MTBR

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Just incase you still don't get it

From a reader on MTBR about the mOOn

Thanx for the tips, dude. Great idea to post up about this as you get more and more of us non-locals riding there. Much appreciated. I can tell you everyone from our little pocket of the world fall into two categories at this point: Those who have ridden the Moon and those who want to. We had two more guys from our little unofficial group make their first trek up yesterday. I haven't talked to them yet to see how it went, but I'm sure they had a blast. The combination of well groomed leaf blown trails and the lack of a need to worry about getting shot make it well worth the hour fifteen drive from here.

So there ya have it our newest quote "Those who ride the mOOn and those who WANT too"

Kevin... Heed your own advice as it was you who said "Shut Up and Ride"

Well?

So I guess I can't expect to see you at the pre Christmas party ride at mOOn

Did you ever have ham?

Christmas Party

I can often be heard telling others that mountain biking is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I lost weight, got stronger, and quit smoking. I take every opportunity I get to preach about all the fun and benefits of riding to non-riders in the hopes of getting more people involved. I love helping at work days because I know everybody enjoys the work that gets done.

If this is truly a Christmas Party "EVERYONE and ALL GROUPS have worked for," then why wasn't everyone included in the planning. It almost seems like this was a secret meeting of a secret society! I, for one, would have liked to have been included. I truly feel left out and that really saddens and depresses me! It would have really been nice for a post to be made ahead of time to ask for input since it is for everyone, thanks for acting like our governemnt!

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    LOL! didn't I say that earlier in another thread?!

The mOOn peeps are havin fun, Hopefully we'll soon have a Quebec posse takin over this forum too!

mtbr member
    ^ Well, since you guys claim Loren is an NEPMTBA member and you always flaunt the big names and connections, We figured he was a spokesman for that particular group.

Lee, as far as your childish comment about me heeding my own advice, sorry pal, some of us have to work for a living. In a matter of fact I'll be at Sno that day working 'till 6pm I'm sure. I ride when I can. Like you have stated, everyone just ride. We do what we can. 1,000 miles on my road bike this year, so I guess I did some mileage somewhere. Just because we don't ride Moon Lake doesn't mean we don't ride. Gary's CDH is way more challenging than anything that either the Moon or Slocum has to offer, and I've been there a few times. That is riding!

Well?

Todd...I for one am happy that you have gotten out and discovered Mt. Biking and I hope you can continue. It is a lot of fun and good luck to you and I hope to see you at the party.

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA
    Roy, your welcome to ride also!

Maybe, just maybe you should get off you logs and come ride!
    Lee, is that your name? Lee, I DO ride. Frequently. This year I've ridden Harmony Hill, D-town, Marsh Creek, French Creek, Blue Mountain, and Diablo. With the exception of Diablo, all of them several (if not several dozen) times.

I also ride my super moto, raced my race car, lost my job, found another job, painted a room in my house, etc. etc. etc.....

I JUST DON'T START A NEW POST ABOUT EVERY RIDE I GO ON OR ANY OTHER ENDEAVOR I TAKE PART IN. Just because I don't post every other day in a new "french creek" thread doesn't mean that I'm not riding, it just means that there's no useful information for me to share.

We've got umpteen million posts on the mOOn, yet the NEPMTBA trail thread (the ONLY thread stickied in this forum, at the request of YOU) hasn't been updated in 6 months!

mtbr member
    To all of you: "Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find it out."

Larry - I like the "how many times they took a dump today" that was funny.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Kev:

There was no negativity in my statement! Chill Dude!

Too bad you have to work at Sno Mounatin! This would have been a great opportunity to see all the stuff everyone else has shared in at the Moon! Oh Well maybe next time!

They are your own words you use to other people."SHUT UP AND RIDE" It's a good statement! I like it. I also agree, CDH is Great! Gary and his crew have done amazing things there and I love the CDH

So you got 1000 miles in this year nice! On a road bike! Where did ya go?

We are so lucky to have all the places to ride and all the people who support mt biking in our area.

I wish you all the success in the world

See ya at Sno Mountain with my skis on!

NEPMTBA
    SKINGI?

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Well children when your done fighting.... I think all this petty bickering is taking away from the reason for the party ... to have a good time and enjoy a couple of local biking films. If someones reads all these posts they'd think that all they are going to see at the party is a bunch of people argueing. So put it aside and move on.

proud to be a member of an independent ,unbiased, bipartisan group who goes where the trail needs us.

mtbr member
    ^Lol...agreed..Thanks for the kick bwillsie!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Lee, is that your name? Lee, I DO ride. Frequently. This year I've ridden Harmony Hill, D-town, Marsh Creek, French Creek, Blue Mountain, and Diablo. With the exception of Diablo, all of them several (if not several dozen) times.

I also ride my super moto, raced my race car, lost my job, found another job, painted a room in my house, etc. etc. etc.....

I JUST DON'T START A NEW POST ABOUT EVERY RIDE I GO ON OR ANY OTHER ENDEAVOR I TAKE PART IN. Just because I don't post every other day in a new "french creek" thread doesn't mean that I'm not riding, it just means that there's no useful information for me to share.

We've got umpteen million posts on the mOOn, yet the NEPMTBA trail thread (the ONLY thread stickied in this forum, at the request of YOU) hasn't been updated in 6 months!
    Roy:

That's great you ride!

It wasn't a challenge, it was a statement to go out and ride and enjoy it, not post BS about nonsense.

How could anyone be mad about posting? You post your info ours moves down and so on so on. What do you want less posts? It's a huge site and advertising is a big issue The more people that post and look here see more ads and that's just good business If I see lot's of posts by someone else I just think WOW they have lot's going on there!

I'm not the only one starting all the posts.Why not rag on them? We have a great riding area at the mOOn and everyone involved is posting and enjoying it! NEPMTBA helped save the park and we are keeping it open for everyone hikers, bikers, dog walkers, and others by doing volunteer work that they could not do and they would have to close.. I would hope you could see the great efforts and appreciate that even if it's not your local place to ride. I'm sure you do lot's to help your area and that's a good thing!

Roy I don't own it and surly don't get paid for this.The NEPMTBA sticky is all the trail info in our area and it does get updated when we get a chance. I asked for it to be for the NE PA area and hoped others would do the same for SE, NW, and SW. That took a lot of work my friend. It's for everyone to look for info. How is that a bad thing? the Ohio forum has a Wiki that's cool. Why don't you add all your info about your area and get a sticky instead of worrying about our info? Other forums have numerous stickies.

NEPMTBA
    YA, WE POST A LOT!

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    How could anyone be mad about posting? You post your info ours moves down and so on so on. What do you want less posts? It's a huge site and advertising is a big issue The more people that post and look here see more ads and that's just good business If I see lot's of posts by someone else I just think WOW they have lot's going on there!
    So all of these posts are in effort to make MTBR.com more money? I think MTBR.com can handle their own revenue issues. I doubt they need your help. Could you explain to me how a thread on moto stuff is relevant here? I guess maybe maxxis, fox, and renthal might be able to capitalize... But there's a huge forum called "thumpertalk" (amoung others). Cant we at least keep the forum specific?

NEPMTBA helped save the park and we are keeping it open for everyone hikers, bikers, dog walkers, and others by doing volunteer work that they could not do and they would have to close..
    And thats great, Lee. But how many times do we need to hear about it? We know all about Moon. You've probably posted it 20 times in the last 6 months (none of which are in YOUR NEPMTBA trail thread). I'm sure it's a great place to ride, but when you (or somebody else) posts how great it is every other day, it gets a little long in the tooth. Michael Jackson died, and that sucks, but after about the 20th "tribute" special, people start to get sick of hearing about him, you know? It doesn't take away from what a spectacular musician he was, though.

The NEPMTBA sticky is all the trail info in our area and it does get updated when we get a chance. I asked for it to be for the NE PA area and hoped others would do the same for SE, NW, and SW.
    I call BS, Lee. In the last 6 months, there have been ZERO (none, zilch, nada, nil) posts by you in the NEPMTBA sticky thread, yet how many posts have you started in that time about Moon Lake? You had time to start a thread about dirtbikes, yet you couldn't post a simple one line update in YOUR sticky thread? Gimme a break.

Why don't you add all your info about your area and get a sticky instead of worrying about our info? Other forums have numerous stickies.
    Seeing as there already exists a thread on pretty much every riding area down here already, if I did start a sticky thread (maybe I will), it will be a LINK to existing threads. No need to keep rehashing existing knowledge.

NEPMTBA
    YA, WE POST A LOT!
    The old saying holds true. Quality, not quantity.

ride more
    Mar 2007
    blah, blah, blah...... Michael Jackson (?wtf?).......blah, blah, blah. You folks really need to figure this crap out. It seems like all that gets posted anymore is *****ing and petty name calling, which has nothing @ all to do with mountain biking.

Gravity's Gone
    Michael Jackson died, and that sucks, but after about the 20th "tribute" special, people start to get sick of hearing about him, you know? It doesn't take away from what a spectacular musician he was, though

A spectacular musician? Come on. Gimme a break.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

So all of these posts are in effort to make MTBR.com more money? I think MTBR.com can handle their own revenue issues. I doubt they need your help. Could you explain to me how a thread on moto stuff is relevant here? I guess maybe maxxis, fox, and renthal might be able to capitalize... But there's a huge forum called "thumpertalk" (amoung others). Cant we at least keep the forum specific?

And thats great, Lee. But how many times do we need to hear about it? We know all about Moon. You've probably posted it 20 times in the last 6 months (none of which are in YOUR NEPMTBA trail thread). I'm sure it's a great place to ride, but when you (or somebody else) posts how great it is every other day, it gets a little long in the tooth. Michael Jackson died, and that sucks, but after about the 20th "tribute" special, people start to get sick of hearing about him, you know? It doesn't take away from what a spectacular musician he was, though.

I call BS, Lee. In the last 6 months, there have been ZERO (none, zilch, nada, nil) posts by you in the NEPMTBA sticky thread, yet how many posts have you started in that time about Moon Lake? You had time to start a thread about dirtbikes, yet you couldn't post a simple one line update in YOUR sticky thread? Gimme a break.

Seeing as there already exists a thread on pretty much every riding area down here already, if I did start a sticky thread (maybe I will), it will be a LINK to existing threads. No need to keep rehashing existing knowledge.

The old saying holds true. Quality, not quantity.
    Hey Roy:

I'll take your advice into consideration.

Thanks, here's some for you!
    If you don't like certain threads

"DON"T READ THEM DUDE"

NEPMTBA
    WHAT?

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    Thanks, here's some for you!
    If you don't like certain threads

"DON"T READ THEM DUDE"

NEPMTBA
    WHAT?

The thing is, Lee... I don't! Your sticky thread never gets updated, so there's no point in reading it. This thread was not started by you, which is why I read it. I've learned to ignore any threads started by you because they tend to have zero useful information, or are 100 percent completely unrelated to mountain biking.

Nanker: Sorry you don't like MJ. Honestly, I don't really like him either. It's called an analogy. I'm sure you can at least understand the point I was trying to make.

Wyatt: Where did I call anybody a name?

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

The thing is, Lee... I don't! Your sticky thread never gets updated, so there's no point in reading it. This thread was not started by you, which is why I read it. I've learned to ignore any threads started by you because they tend to have zero useful information, or are 100 percent completely unrelated to mountain biking.

Nanker: Sorry you don't like MJ. Honestly, I don't really like him either. It's called an analogy. I'm sure you can at least understand the point I was trying to make.

Wyatt: Where did I call anybody a name?
    Hey Roy:

IT"S UPDATED I guess you have to go read it now.
    YEE HAAAAAAA

Since your going in circles here's some straight up helpful info.

The sticky "isn't" a rolling count of everything that gets done and has to be updated. It contains all the info in our area. "Others" looking for info can go directly to it and find info easier without doing a search and looking through lots of posts. It's direct. Where do you see yourself as the president or director of how I post info to others who are truly interested in finding it in my area. If it isn't useful to you then heed your own advice and allow others to find info that suits them If it helps one person find a trail or info then it is successful and I have had many guys thank me for taking the time and work to have it there.

Your trying to be the thread police and direct me as to how to post, speak and help get info to others who don't want to see your "flame baiting" towards me. You said yourself zero useful threads, so if it doesn't pertain to you then it does to someone else or be a poke at fun between the people involved. Sorry I don't have to explain to "Roy" every time I post something, because he decides he doesn't agree with it or the topic.

My advice to you is: Go be "president" of your group and "help" as many people to join the fun. Cause your useless crying about how one posts is exactly what newbees and first timers as well as other don't want to see or hear.

NEPMTBA
    HAVE A GREAT DAY, I SURELY WILL

Gravity's Gone
    Nanker: Sorry you don't like MJ. Honestly, I don't really like him either. It's called an analogy. I'm sure you can at least understand the point I was trying to make

No problem. Wasn't taking sides or anything. Just couldn't resist bustin on Michael. Carry on.

my fun has a hurting
    as someone from the opposite corner of the state, let me tell ALL of you to shut the hell up and solve this in person. these threads have made me, and i'm sure at least a few others, seriously question ever visiting any of your trails.

seriously, get of the internet and settle this like adults, with civil words over drinks or a meal, or while riding before said drink and meal.

HopHeads, Unite!
    Regional infighting shouldn't be on a public forum. Please solve your differences offline. It doesn't do any good for trail advocacy to hang the dirty laundry out here.
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Lugboot
    Regional infighting shouldn't be on a public forum. Please solve your differences offline. It doesn't do any good for trail advocacy to hang the dirty laundry out here.
    Lugboot:

Hey I tried the.... SHUT UP AND RIDE

I totally agree and everyone has gone off on tangents. Just defending myself and our group. I don't have any problems. I was promoting my group and riding areas and doing the trail advocacy thing.

THIS WHOLE THREAD SHOULD BE PULLED OFF

Email sent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE RIDE

NEPMTBA
    RIDE THE MOON

mtbr member
    PB got involved because you took credit for something you shoudn't have and we're just getting sick of it....and, we're not going to allow it to happen anymore, so get used to it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast