Thread: Reading/Mt Penn

mtbr member

Reading/Mt Penn

Whats Reading/Mt Penn looking like? was thinking of heading down that way next weekend..
    Thanks
    "foot to pedal, wheel to dirt, there is no substitute for the act of riding "

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Go for it. Probly b ther sunday. Ther will b a few wet and muddy spots but what fun is it bikin and not getting dirty.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Was there sat and its good. Whats usually rocky is good and dirt thats typically hard packed is soft/mushy. Some trees across the slower single track that need clearing. Two things I noticed though, 1} LOTS of horse crap and 2} sticker (pricker) bushes have grown in. I was hoping this winter would have slowed them down but its bad already. Guess I'll walk the dog over there and carry my trimmers on a couple trails.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker64 View Post
    Go for it. Probly b ther sunday. Ther will b a few wet and muddy spots but what fun is it bikin and not getting dirty.
    Let me know if you two head that way this weekend...

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    PD2, I'm sure Deb and I will be going there. Will touch base with you during the week.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbiker64 View Post
    PD2, I'm sure Deb and I will be going there. Will touch base with you during the week.
    hmm.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Thinking about heading over there for the first time today. Any updates on trail conditions? Also anybody have off today that wants to show me around? I'm about 15 miles away and can jump at a few minutes notice. If not, I'll get lost and figure it out eventually! HAPPY F$&KING SPRING!!!

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    You can't really get lost at Mt. Penn. You will eventually come out to a road which you can always ride back to where you parked. If I had my bike with me I might have been able to meet up this afternoon. I work off of Rt 422 near Mt Penn. Maybe next time. Have a nice ride and please post up an after ride trail condition report. Thanks.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Awesome conditions. Only ran into one spot of wetness that impeded my ride. Kudos to those who built and maintain this place!! That line from the top of the fire tower make me pucker up a bit when it drops STRAIGHT DOWN! Never needed a dropper seat like I did today.
    I'd still like to ride with someone who knows the place so let me know if/when you guys ride.

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    I'm riding there tomorrow afternoon. I'll be slow on the ups as I'm not in great shape, but you're welcome to ride with me.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Is anyone riding Mt Penn this Fri,Sat or Sun?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    A few of us might be riding there Sunday, probably around 11. Have to check the weather to make sure. Will post up here early Saturday evening a definite yes/no and a time. We usually park at the tower lot.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Possibly Friday during the day, but I might ride French Creek instead since I have to make a visit to a place near there. I'll repost if I'll be there Friday

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Ok thanks, let me know I think I can do Fri, Sun What time do you think you will go out Fri ?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    hey sorry I'm gonna do French Creek tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    What time are you doing French Creek?

mtbr member
    Dec 2012
    Probably get there sometime around noon, but I really don't have much of a schedule, could be an hour either way really. I park at scotts run lake and ride a white rocky mountain.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    Jeter44, we r riding mt penn sunday at 10. Meeting at the lot by rotary park.
    LOVE THE RIDE!