mtbr member

RCST deserves some love

I just wanted to post to say thank you to all that organized the RCST Bash. The weather was amazing and the event went on without a hitch. There is a lot of planning and stress to put on an event like the Bash and I want to let those who did all of the work know that I had a great time as usual.
    For those who haven't experienced the Bash, all I can say is the Rattling Creek trail, Troegs brew, great food, and hearing Dio at 11 p.m. is well worth the price of admission. Put it on your calendar for next year and you won't be disappointed.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    agreed thanks to all the RCST crew, had a great time again, how about renaming the 1st section of rock's ridge sand castle?

mtbr member

Ditto....

..The Rattling Creek SIngle Trackers club members did another incredible job putting together a superb festival...Thankyou to all.
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member
    Hearing Dio at anytime is good! Hopefully one of these years it will be my weekend off.
    "There is a road--no simple highway"

HopHeads, Unite!
    Yes they did. Great crew of people.

It's a good thing they noticed smoke from the hot ashes/coals some asshat threw under a pine tree before the place caught on fire on Sunday after everyone left.

Campfire etiquette is very appreciated, folks.
    People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people.

Mmmm Rocks Good
    Feb 2005
    HUGE Props to Jill, Keith and Rick! What a great job, what awesome weather too! Special thanks to Shawn for taking us over to Swatara for a quick jaunt through some amazing flowy trails! It was the perfect Fri before the big ride, ride to do!
    To the person who dumped their coals under the pine tree, way to go. You could have ruined it for everyone, forever. To everyone else we met over the 4 days, thanks for a great time! Can't wait to see everyone again! DonO from the PORC/LHORBA contingent.
    Big, strong, rock crushing, IPA drinking, big hit bike rider!

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    YES, YES and YES, what a great event, THANKS ALL, and a special THANKS to the NUDE lady mt. bikers saturday night.

mtbr member

nude chicks Saturday night?

Why wasn't this announced? Seriously, lets make this an annual event.
    As far as the fire issue is concerned, I think that next year there should only be a huge bonfire instead of letting everyone having their own fire. I know this won't appeal to everyone, but the risk is too heavy. Personally, there is nothing more awesome than being loaded and staring into a fire. On the other hand, fire is a responsibility that should not be left in the hands of boilo saturated drunks.

mtbr member

Large BonFire Only...

.....actually having just the one large bonfire pit burning would force more people to hang out together....that would be good.....maybe 2 big fires...one in the field where it is currently sited.....and .....another somewhere near the band pavillion......Black Tooth Grin were a treat for a second year......as far as the Nude Riders around midnight....loved it....a few of the ladies looked like that famous picture of Marla Streb that was featured in Outside Magazine as well as quite a few other magazines......stretched out over the handle bars......ribcages prounouced....

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    you guys have no idea how difficult it was to make that damned naked ride happen. you're all welcome, but seriously it was like 9 - 2 in favor of the men, so i'm not so sure you should have liked it...

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I rode RC for the first time yesterday, and loved it! Great diversity, between the rock gardens and the uninterrupted, long, groovy, singletrack downhills. Was cool to see the hang-glider launch too. If only I could fly...

So, where can I get a map?

mtbr member

Hmmmm....

.....just checked out the blog spot quickly but could not find one.....here is the blogspot: http://rcst1.blogspot.com/

In the past you joined and as a member you got a map each year you joined...Jill & Rick told me at the BASH that RCST organization actually does not charge a membership fee any longer....the BASH proceeds funds what is needed for the year....is that cool or what...banishing the membership fee....i say lets elect them to the Senate...we need more of that type of fiscal responsibility....anyways you might try the web site out and try to contact them.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Thanks Jeff. I'm familiar with their website, but couldn't find a map. Maybe if I become a member it'll unlock secret doors.

Quote Originally Posted by tduro
    So, where can I get a map?
    Here