mtbr member

Raystown trail length?

The map I have doesn't have the trail length listed, but supposedly the jersey does! Does anyone have a jersey with the distances or maybe you just knowthe distance?
    Also, Osprey, Doe, berry patch and Fawn, which way do they ride better? Thanks for any hel. Ttyl, Fahn

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I find Osprey going down more fun, from Doe to Hydro direction.

I've ridden Doe, Fawn, and Berry Patch both directions and find it fun either way, just depends how I end up connecting to the rest.

I don't have realistic numbers off the top, but last time I "trail binged" there with The Merf we ended up with a basically 40 mile day. We rode everything, and couple things in both directions. For unique trail with no doubles I'd think 25 miles +/- to be the range.

mtbr member
    Feb 2014
    https://80e3bde6-a-62cb3a1a-s-sites....attredirects=0

This is an old map link with mileage: the only thing that has really changed is that the Vee Cee trail from the visitors center isn't on this nor is Tap Handle (Small link from shade to Barrel Bay, the short trail from Ridge Campground to Vee Cee, and the "Old Loggers trail" doesn't exclude bikes. It's really not recommended due to the lack of maintenance and some very steep sections near the water.

Without the trails mentioned above the best guess was just over 32 miles when they opened.

mtbr member
    Thanks guys. I'm trying to figure out the mileage that I want to do for 2-3 days this weekend. Fahn

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    To me, the 'grippis trails are a 1 day fling, but camping down there and doing that and a big serving of Rothrock seems like a great combo if you ask me. The trails in Rothrock used by the TSE should be well beat in at this point.

The White Jeff W
    Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    To me, the 'grippis trails are a 1 day fling, but camping down there and doing that and a big serving of Rothrock seems like a great combo if you ask me. The trails in Rothrock used by the TSE should be well beat in at this point.

You read my mind
    No moss...

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    That's a perfect plan...

You arrive at the Gripp....Camp Ride the Gripp, the following day, you spend it in Cooper's Gap....you Camp at the Gripp, then if you have more days, you Pound yourself at Tussey, then Camp again at Raystown, then go home.
    Climbing Builds Character

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    Bear I have an Itch to do the TSE next year....what do ya think?
    Climbing Builds Character

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by vack View Post
    Bear I have an Itch to do the TSE next year....what do ya think?
    Is that just because Somebody I Know was doing beer-handups to Angry and Team Dickey? Hmm?

Yeah, I don't know that I'd survive it, but it'd be a great thing to accomplish the year I turn 50. So yeah, I'm seriously eyeing it.

Puls it'll help me focus on getting back to the riding frequency habits I've lost since I moved to NE PA. And in the short term, it'll helm me focus body training to recover from my broken collar bone.

mtbr member
    Also had plans to make a trip to Raystown this weekend. I see the weather up there has spotty storms all week and into Saturday. How does that place drain? Any predictions for what it will be like this weekend?

mtbr member
    bear... you can do it-rob schneider

mtbr member
    last week was pretty stormy but no rain over the weekend. trails were 99% dry.. a little mud is some spots.