mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Raystown continues to amaze

Squeezed in a ride while travelling for work on Wednesday and I am simply amazed at the quality of trails at Raystown!
    It was a bit windy so I was somewhat worried about getting clonked by falling deadwood but made out with no issues.
    Rode: Buck-Doe-Sleekdog-Eagle-Hydro (tree down on the right-hand trail near the lake going counterclockwise)-Osprey-Fawn-Buck.
    Love the way the system steps you back up to the top on Osprey and Fawn.
    Again, lots of un-controllable, spontaneous giggling.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougr
    Squeezed in a ride while travelling for work on Wednesday and I am simply amazed at the quality of trails at Raystown!
    It was a bit windy so I was somewhat worried about getting clonked by falling deadwood but made out with no issues.
    Rode: Buck-Doe-Sleekdog-Eagle-Hydro (tree down on the right-hand trail near the lake going counterclockwise)-Osprey-Fawn-Buck.
    Love the way the system steps you back up to the top on Osprey and Fawn.
    Again, lots of un-controllable, spontaneous giggling.

me too... giggled like a little kid .. one *****in trail system IMO

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Sounds like a blast guys. I live near Reading, PA and would like to make the trip out there in the next couple weeks. How long did it take you complete those trails you listed
    and what kind of mileage are we looking at?

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    The wife and i rode about 2 hrs on Friday night and 3hrs on Saturday,and that was at a "first timer,stop to take pics.,stop to have a snack, kind of pace". I think it was around 24 miles total.We didn't do Doe,Hydro,Eagle,or Sleek Dog

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I think I was at about 1 3/4 hours with stops of a couple of minutes at junctions to do map checks. Don't know what the mileage was. I think you can easily ride here for a whole weekend by mixing up routes in different directions.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by 73cuda
    The wife and i rode about 2 hrs on Friday night and 3hrs on Saturday,and that was at a "first timer,stop to take pics.,stop to have a snack, kind of pace". I think it was around 24 miles total.We didn't do Doe,Hydro,Eagle,or Sleek Dog
    Hydro is "AWESOME", mostly clay and way less loose rocks in the turns. The "PUMP" is amazing! Hit it next time!

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    riderup, me and NEPMTBA and Criffer were out there for a long ride a couple weekend ago, about 26 miles total, about 3:30 time riding IIRC.

Temps were perfect for us though, don't know what it'll be like for you.

long standing member
    Took my buddy out for his first Raystown visit on Sunday, we had blast. Eagle trail (counter-clockwise) is like singletrack nirvana.
    Last edited by PCinSC; 10-15-2009 at 08:38 AM.

3 "fiddy" for short
    Quote Originally Posted by PCinSC
    Took my buddy out for his Raystown visit on Sunday, we had blast. Eagle trail (counter-clockwise) is like singletrack nirvana.
    Yup, it sure was a good time!