What bruise?

Raystown CLOSED for deer season

On Monday November 29th the Allegrippis Trails System at Raystown Lake is to be closed to all users for open deer season.

The Friends of Raystown Lake, operators of the trail system, have voted to close the trails to all users to ensure the safety of users during the first two weeks of the season.

The closure lasts from November 29th through December 11th 2010.
    Cameras have been installed at the trailheads to monitor any illegal use. So please respect the closure.

mtbr member
    Thanks for the heads up Echo.
    Pugsley, Bullit

i moto too
    Dec 2008
    is it still okay to go there on sundays?

Paper Mill Aleworks
    Well, crap...need a new destination for this weekend then.

Quote Originally Posted by redheadrider
    is it still okay to go there on sundays?
    I was wondering the same...
    A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject. - Winston Churchill

mtbr member
    This is disappointing, but Id rather ride somewhere else for two weeks than be struck by a stray bullet.

What bruise?
    I wasnt at the meeting but it sounded to me that they are closing the trails for the entire period.

The only Sunday is the 5th, I was planning on riding too but Id rather avoid any appearance that we flaunt the rules, the association has been very good to all riders throughout the year.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Yeah I'm completely ok with this. For starters, it's been shared use for much of hunting season, and secondly, rifle/buck season I don't even like being on public lands when I'M hunting, you get too many drunken newbs with guns

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by edray
    This is disappointing, but Id rather ride somewhere else for two weeks than be struck by a stray bullet.
    Probably a smart choice. A hunter who lived only 5 blocks from me was killed less than two miles from my house opening day - his body was found laying in a creek next to a 9-pt./195 lb. buck here in Quakertown, Bucks County along a road I ride regularly. The police ruled it a homicide with no suspect in custody. He had apparently taken off his orange vest to haul the deer when he was shot . . .

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    ^
    Yeah- I was at Sals yesterday in Bethlehem and I rode most of the red loop from Dodson but quit when I got down to the parking lot at the bottom of the road- I saw two pickups parked there, and while I was wearing orange and was fairly certain I was allowed to be there during the weekdays (as opposed to how like on state gamelands you can only ride on Sunday), I still got the heebie jeebies and bailed. Way too many hunters shoot at the slightest hint of movement, and my bike is black and white and I just had a bad feeling lol.