Ride da mOOn Moderator

New question here. Ray's in Janurary?

Planning on the trip now...

... is a bit early, but having just been out there keeps me thinking it's way too much fun and how I want to go back right now!

So, as Karen reminded me today about a trip in January and how we should get together to hit Ray's, Hum NEPMTBA has already spoke of it and we're in!...

Anyone else?

Did you ever have ham?

Ray's in January?

I am there! It will be like an early birthday present for me! Yay me....I will be 40 years young!

Did you ever have ham?
    See, in my previous post I am telling you where I love to ride...."The Moon" LMAO!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    We'll meet you there, we go up about every other weekend in the winter time.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    probably in.

Did you ever have ham?
    Sounds like a great time, and you haven't lived until you've seen a 350 pound man do a quadruple backflip, nac-nac, can-can, Saran Wrap with a 1/2 gainer into the foam pit...while wearing a red, white, and blue speedo singing Terminus Eldorado at the top of his lungs!!!!

i moto too
    Dec 2008
    i got my camera ready

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by motoman465
    Sounds like a great time, and you haven't lived until you've seen a 350 pound man do a quadruple backflip, nac-nac, can-can, Saran Wrap with a 1/2 gainer into the foam pit...while wearing a red, white, and blue speedo singing Terminus Eldorado at the top of his lungs!!!!
    I really hope Bear can bust out his Merlino Wool Codpiece and join ya!

LOL

Did you ever have ham?
    Good because I am very photogenic! LOL!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Getting closer...

... redheadrider was going out this week, so we are waiting for an update from her. Plans are coming together, and people have responded.

For info please email: nepmtba@yahoo.com

Thanks
    NEPMTBA
    RAYS ROCKS

Did you ever have ham?

Ray's

WOOHOO....ROAD TRIP!!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

i moto too
    Dec 2008
    had a great time at rays. if anyone wants to go when it is not too busy, now is the time. on thursday and friday it felt like we had the place to ourselves, and even though there were more people saturday it still didnít feel crowded. iím sure that will change very soon though as people start getting tired of the cold weather and want to ride inside.

the gang at rays made lots of great changes this season:
    - skinnies in the beginner room have been moved/changed around a little and some new ones added and the rock garden has been changed around a little (itís more beginner friendly now)
    - lots of new lines/features on the xc course mostly through the old red bull jump/pro rhythm jump lines
    - the old kona jumps have been replaced with smaller jumps and all the lines through the sport section have been extended, and thereís a jump box where the three little jumps used to be
    - the pump track has a new deck and a steeper roll in/exit, and there are optional lines now in the first turn
    - and of course the whole rhythm room is new

it looks like iíll be heading out again this weekend, and then hopefully january 22nd (depending on work schedules) and then the womenís weekend is scheduled for february 19th.

hope everyone gets a chance to check rayís out at least once in their lifetime.

Did you ever have ham?

Ray's in January?

Glad to hear you had a great time! I can't wait to get out there and see what all the hype is about...LOL! Time for me to get out there and load test all the structures! LOL!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Karen:

Glad you had fun and thanks for the updates! It's fun when it's not crowded, I would love to go this weekend but I'm on the Moto in the M&S series.

It's amazing how much stuff Ray and crew builds from one trip to the next.

I also noticed the beginner room was less cluttered, with cleaner lines, the same old sport room stuff is awesome, My friend Rick was amazed by all the lines, and it's a good thing as there is so much stuff to challenge oneself. Did you hit the huge teeter totter, constructed from a huge piece of lumber? Was that there last time? The pump track redesign is spectacular as Ray and I talked last time he mentioned about making it continuous instead of the old deck that was way too crowded. He did it! Woo Hoo! I really like it now. Oh man, Rhythm room has to be seen to be believed.

What bike(bikes) did you ride out there? Do you have an old school BMX 24 inch cruiser? Wondering how much fun that would be! Of course a Steel Reserve 1.3 is already on my X-Mas list... LOL

Thanks

i moto too
    Dec 2008
    yea i was surprised to see how much was done at rayís especially since they also had the dirt room open this summer to keep them busy. you can really tell when people love what they do and are not just there for a paycheck. the sport room does have new longer lines now (iím not sure maybe they didnít when you were there). they start the same as in the past, but then they have features added at the end of each line (mostly skinnier lines/options) that extends into where the kona jumps used to be. the huge teeter was neat too. you think itís so big, itís no big deal to ride, but itís so big and heavy you start to wonder if it will drop, and then when it does, it feels like the whole floor dropped. you sure donít have the problem with running into people on the deck with the new pump track design. now you just have to check your speed going in (we did see one person go splat ) and make sure you have enough speed to get back out.

iíve been trying to work on jumping so i ride my black market-357. donít have a cruiser but we did see a couple out there. itís so great to see so many different types of people with different riding styles all riding the same place.

have fun riding your moto this weekend. whatís the m&s series? track/woods/trials?

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

redheadrider:

aww.... I just wanna head out to Ray's right now, such good times there!

Black Market 357 NICE! ride

We needed a winter series here in the NE and traveling to Florida is just too expensive right now, so we decided everyone who promotes races in the summer would continue on into winter, with no break. Our friend, NHL hockey player Jason Bonsignore is a huge motorcycle ice racing nut, and loves to promote ice races. The M&S Moto series is a version of harescrambles, but shorter run times. It's being held within NY and PA. Should keep us all real busy this winter as there is a Moto race every weekend. I just love running tires with spikes in them, makes it like riding on dirt! Along with all that there is also an indoor ice racing championship series going on.

Your know your always welcome to join us
    Lee

mtbr member
    I am planning on making the trip out to Ray's the weekend of January 2nd.

i moto too
    Dec 2008
    lee - is there any info you could e-mail me on the series or a website i could check out? don't have spiked tires but even if i couldn't race, maybe i could go to watch and check it out.

droptopchevy - have a great time at ray's in january; i'll be trying to go a little later in january. have you been there before?

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    me and the penn state fellows were planning a trip out there before next semester starts hopefully we can plan something together

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by redheadrider
    lee - is there any info you could e-mail me on the series or a website i could check out? don't have spiked tires but even if i couldn't race, maybe i could go to watch and check it out.

droptopchevy - have a great time at ray's in january; i'll be trying to go a little later in january. have you been there before?
    Never been. I want to have 2 days to ride around the entire place if I'm going to drive 7 hours out there.

i moto too
    Dec 2008
    droptopchevy - i’m sending you a pm with some info i’ve put together after going out there several times. hope it helps a little.
    Last edited by redheadrider; 12-09-2009 at 01:18 PM.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by kish0000
    me and the penn state fellows were planning a trip out there before next semester starts hopefully we can plan something together
    AWESOME!