Shrinking Clyde Rider :-)

Ray's Indoor MTB park

We (Steve and myself) braved a winter storm this weekend to ride at Ray's indoor MTB park in Cleveland, OH. If you have never heard of Ray's check out http://www.raysmtb.com We had a blast. They have a XC course that follows the interior perimeter of the park that climbs into the rafters. There are 3 different technical sections (beginner, intermediate, and expert) with obstacle to hone your skills. They have a pump track to get your pump on. They also have 2 bmx sections, including a foam pit to jump into. The first video is of Steve doing some laps in the beginner course. The 2nd is my big arse flying into the foam pit on my 24' cruiser.

More pics and vidoe to follow. Enjoy.

Last edited by tturbotom; 03-09-2008 at 03:09 PM.

here's another video for your viewing pleasure, but beware it's a bumpy one

aka Zucchini Steve
    Sep 2005
    Here's a few more:

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    Videos are great. Thanks for posting them. Wish we had a place like than in Philly to help hone skillz.

Cyclovore

The best

Just returned from Rays on Easter Sunday. It really improved since I was there 3 years ago. It's has a great layout. Awesome XC course. I'll make the 187 mile trip again next winter. No broken bones this time either.
    Bliss is thumping the prophet through the woods, as "Painkiller " wails through your phones. Ride a metal monster.

So what part did you like the most? I liked the foam pit and the intermediate section with the skinnies, teeter toters, stumps, etc. The XC track is pretty impressive considering it is all inside. The only thing I would have liked to see was some dirt.

Cyclovore

Intermediate

The best stuff was the intermediate. Its a great way to improve balance and confidence. I tried the pump track, however, I had to pedal it due to my suspension robbing momentum. I ran the XC track over and over. I blew my tires off the rims in the rock garden in the beginners area. New tires, new rims to blame, and extra winter belly fat. Thank you Stan's, or I would have lost 2 tubes in there. Funny how it sounded like a pistol shot in the building. I liked it all, we need one of these in Johnstown, State Colledge, Pittsburgh....ect. Somebody please, build it, and they will come.
    Bliss is thumping the prophet through the woods, as "Painkiller " wails through your phones. Ride a metal monster.

The wife and I are driving up there this coming Sunday for our first visit to the place. I'm totally stoked about it, and even she's excited (even though techy stuff kinda freaks her out, she's excited to have a place she can practice that stuff). I'm interested in trying the pump track. Honestly might be the first time I'll have locked out my suspension in the 5 years I've owned the bike. hehehe.