mtbr member
    Dec 2011

Rattling Creek trail work

Another guy and myself may head up to RC tomorrow and do a little bit of work that needs to be done. A few large trees have been down on the Rattling Creek trail, and are impossible to get over, plus some trimming issues need to be address. Tired of bouncing our heads off some low branches. Most of the downed trees we are just going to cut up the smaller trees lying around and make long crossings out of them, rather than cut them up. Anyone interested in helping, shoot me a PM for more info and to verify we are heading up. Is supposed to rain, so we wqointr be riding, and is a good time to work. Kinda short notice but we just discussed it a little bit ago. Fawn Kill may be the next one that needs some work. Rode it today, and another large tree came down within the past week or so. I'll give a heads up when we may venture into doing that one. Rest of trails are pretty decent, just watch some of the horse crap!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Although I could not attend I can offer many thanks for your hard work!

Thanks

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Thanks, but unfortunately we didn't make it out. Turned out to be nicer than we thought, and he spent the day doing house chores, and I spent half the day working on tunig up the chainsaw and taking in a few games of baseball that my nephew played in. Hope to make it out either durin the week or weekend to get some done. Won't see much rising until I get some new skins on the bike!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Well, I got out for a few hours on Sunday, and cleared a few trees. Went out tonight after work and did a 20 mile loop. Mother Nature did it again, as a few more trees came down. 2 will need cut up for sure, but they're on lower section. One smaller one got moved out of the way by hand. Traiuls are fast, just need to learn to eat before doing a big loop. All but totally bonked after 15, but rode on to finish!!