mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Ralph Stover/High Rocks this thursdays morning?

Anyone interesting in hitting up ralph stover/high rocks with me this thursday around 9AM or so? I've never been there so I'm lookin for someone who kinda knows the trails to take me around. I'd have to be outta there by noon or so. I've heard its only a 6 mile loop so I was thinking of doing it twice probably.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Any Takers? Last chance.

Even if you dont wanna go, does anyone have any info on the trails? Where I should start etc...? As I said, im not familiar with the area so I was just gonna head up there and try to find the trails.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Can't make it but can give you a little beta:
    I think the best place to park is at the lot off on Tory road, above the climbing area.
    Go across the road and head down the trail just above the cliff-top trail and turn left. Follow this over fairly technical terrain. There are several different trails that you will come across and try to stay to the uppermost which will eventually drop you down close to the creek at another cliff top. turn left here and follow the trail over a technical gully crossing and up a short steep hill. Trail will contour for a while before dropping thru a very technical double gully which leads into a loose, rock descent followed by a loose, rocky ascent. At the top of this hill turn left into the campsite and follow the campsite road to the last campsite (at a loop) and pick up more single track that goes back towards the parking lot, staying mostly above the ravine. There are a few easy gully crossings and eventually the trail will intersect with the original trail at a large log that some bikers ride. turn right here and you will ride a portion of the same trail you rode from the parking lot. At the intersection of the trail to the parking lot, continue straight and cross over State Park Rd. The trail will split here, take the right fork and follow to a fairly steep descent down into the ravine and along the creek. Eventually the trail veers left and climbs back up to the fork at State Park Road. Either ride Tory rd back to your car or follow the trail to the intersection at the top of the cliff and left, back to your car.
    Use Google Maps or Google Earth and search for Ralph Stover State Park, PA to see the terrain and give you an idea of where it is

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Wow awesome, thanks a bunch man. Im actually headed down sunday now because some unexpected crap came up i have to do tomorrow. I'll def try out that route man! Awesome!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    No worries.
    Its an awesome ride with some nice techy sections and a couple short but steep climbs