Thread: Races in PA?

mtbr member
    Apr 2010

Races in PA?

Hey guys,

Id like to get into some racing, but locally, nothing big time...any resources for this? Is there like a PA mtb league or something...or should i start one? (hehe, kidding...kinda)

I am located on the Eastern side of the state, but willing to travel (again, nothing insane, just like to try it)

Thanks guys

mtbr member
    www.bikereg.com and the Mid Atlantic Super Series both have races in your area. I'd personally like to suggest the Michaux series when it starts again next year - I had an excellent race there today!
    2014 Yeti Arc XO1
    2012 Seven ti 29er SS
    2012 Seven steel 29er SS rigid

Rediscovered
    Quote Originally Posted by fueledbymetal
    www.bikereg.com and the Mid Atlantic Super Series both have races in your area. I'd personally like to suggest the Michaux series when it starts again next year - I had an excellent race there today!
    What he said. ^

The guys at Michaux always put on a good race, same with the guys behind the MASS series.

I just raced the Terror Teaberry at Michaux today as well... talk about a wet race. Took me 3 hours to get the bike clean after getting home.

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    stupid 50 and wilderness 100 if your into that sorta thing

go vegan!
    Sep 2010
    i would also suggest Michaux races http://www.racemichaux.com/
    those trails are so fun!!!
    bear creek mtn has a 3 race series. the last race of the series and of the Mid Atlantic Super Series is this sunday there. check out bikereg.com for more info.
    also check out:
    http://spokepost.com/calendar/

good luck!

W.M.A.
    www.masuperseries.com is the biggest series in the area... nothing against any of the other smaller series, but it is in a whole other league than the rest. races in PA, NJ, MD, DE... xc series, endurance series, relays, fun.

finals this weekend as mentioned above... food, beer, music, and a nice little bike race.

each MASS race is actually put on by different clubs/teams and not by the MASS itself. the MASS is essentially the sanctioning body for the series and handles the series points tracking, year end awards and such.

if youre looking for a team to join, let me know offline and ill get you hooked up one that is a good fit for you geographically and based on your riding etc... its definitely more fun when youre with a team, imho..

later