Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
    Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Yep, we have one "ripper" of a course!...LOL

mtbr member
    What a FANTASTIC race..Thanks to all the HCGA guys and everyone that helped volunteer.Met a lot of new people and had a great workout,(besides all the broken bike parts)no broken bones or major injuries.Can't wait to ride with all the crew again really soon.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    +1 it was a fun time!

mtbr member
    Had a GREAT time in my first race, at almost 57 years old. Finally cleared "bloody shin rock". The one thing I learned is race speed is soooo different to group riding the trails!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

Yes it was a lot of fun, but it was a lot of work for a few guys and the number of entries could have been better! We were blessed with a super fine day. Just imagine if the weather had been bad.

Another option we can look at for next year is to host a district 6 Moto trails event. More entries and less work for us. Lot's of fun also!

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I TRIED to increase your entry count but my stupid job interfered!!!

Reminds me, any XL jersey's left lying about? I didn't get to race but I'd still like to pick that up if there's one available.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Will the pictures from the race be posted in this thread?

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

There are pics here:
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/racetheocks/

If your not a member but would like to be just request and will be.

Thanks

I'll post my pics here as soon as I get a chance!

mtbr member
    Thought Ray mentioned earlier this year there was a motorcycle trials the Sunday after the bicycle race.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

Yes, there was supposed to be, with the MAVT group, but those guys never came through! MAVT is a vintage Moto trials group. I would prefer to see a modern Moto trails group, as we have worked with District 6 in the past.

Next year is along way away though...LOL

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

I'm just throwing this out:

Question?

Would you attend a mt bike weekend at Race the Rocks (HCGA), in September or October, no racing, just a weekend of riding and playing on trails?

i moto too
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA View Post
    I'm just throwing this out:

Question?

Would you attend a mt bike weekend at Race the Rocks (HCGA), in September or October, no racing, just a weekend of riding and playing on trails?
    we would try to make it - saturdays are usually hard though. i like the moto idea too

i wonder if anyone who didn't go to the race would post some of the reasons why they decided not to - it could help you in deciding on doing it next year or not

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I signed up, paid entry, and showed up early, but couldn't stay to race because I was called in to work, that's the only reason I wasn't there all day!

Formerly PaintPeelinPbody
    Is the gate into the property only open when you guys are there?

I pulled up to the gate with the dogs at the house barking at me. Was I at the right spot?
    I do custom ArcGIS and Google Maps, including data collection and sustainable trail layout. Ride Welsh Mountain

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    PHeller, when were you there?

On race day it was hard to miss but if you've never been there it wouldn't be impossible.

If you were there some day since race day I don't think there's been an 'open' ride called.

I don't remember there being a gate though.

CR500 invited me up to ride the property, but I didn't realize it was a "ride with me" type of deal.

I was up there on Tuesday. I rode Moon Lake instead.

In any case, I've started a map of the Hunlocks Grove Association, but obviously no trails mapped (because I haven't been there!) Hit me up via PM or email.
    I do custom ArcGIS and Google Maps, including data collection and sustainable trail layout. Ride Welsh Mountain

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Umm I suggest you read the beginning of the thread, and I would be careful making a map of private property, unless you have arrangements with CR500. No one is allowed on the property without a landowner present.

The usual way it works is they... HCGA post a ride and time then riders attend. You have to understand there are other land owners that don't mt bike. They also have a rule as to guests on the property, one is signing the wavier first before riding.

Not being a dick just giving you the correct info, CR500 and the others are great guys, just have to follow the rules a bit.

Hope you enjoyed the mOOn

I've talked with CR500 quite a bit about mapping. That stuff won't go public unless they want it to.

I read through this thread and talked with him quite a bit and he made it sound like Moon and HCGA were connected and MTB riders could go from one to the other. Now that I've ridden Moon Lake and attempted to go to HCGA Property, I realize I was incorrect. They aren't connected at all, and aside from one small area you'd have to trespass in order to enter HCGA land.

I'm glad the the gate was closed because I'm not sure what I would have said if confronted on their land. "Uhhh...I know a guy by the name CR500 on MTBR?"

Anyone interested in updating Moon Lake Maps?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Not a big deal, I doubt you would have been shot. You aren't the first guy to just drop by. I'm clear to get back on the dirt bike so I will be riding the dirt bike this weekend for sure. I'll also pedal our place most likely Sunday. If anyone is interested. I'll also play on the rocks a bit Saturday in the evening if they dry out some.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6