Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Ravioli's/Sauce are on the menu for after the ride. If you plan on attending and staying to eat, please make sure you bring some sort of food item, snacks or beverages. We typically do a pot-luck where everyone brings something for after the ride.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

Wayne and myself ribboned lots of the race course today, still more to be done! In between helped with the poles and pond. Had some great food and beverages with our HCGA friends. Thanks guys everything is shaping up super! The place just gets better all the time! A hard working day out in the woods!

Oh ya almost forgot Kirby the dog, not the trail, was ribboned also! LOL

So the race course is really shaping up and I think lots will be surprised at the amount of work done, some trails are really flowy and fast now! Not to say we deleted the rock features just made more diversity in between. Should make for fun racing.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Well, the race is almost upon us! 7/27/13 Are you ready? Hunlock's Rocks are all polished up just waiting for your tires to meet them! Ribboning will continue this Sat/Sun, with the race the following Saturday, bikereg.com or day of registration still room to sign up. Stop by, check out this great race venue right here in our area! While racing you'll get to meet the Itchy Tire, Mono Rock, West Virginia, Angle Straight Angle, 8 Mile, Hell Froze Over, and T.P. Crapper, even an appearance by none other than the factory original one of a kind, Fat Dog! Hope to see ya there at the race!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Today at HCGA, Scott Olex and myself ribboned the last miles of trail. Scott built a totally new section of trail leading to the Moto trail section. I gotta say HANG ON! In the distance the thunder roared, but never touched us with rain, Fat Dog officially made it to the top o the mountain, so he's still hanging in there! Thanks to Scott for the chicken lunch and Jim Mangan for the watermellon desert, what a great HCGA crew! Good to see Wayne Nichol training for the race, he knows the course well now! Yes, Wayne got a sneak peak and a few options I have added.

No work tomorrow(Sunday), even with no helpers today we accomplished all we wanted to. Sunday is time to play somewhere else, as Scott said...

See on 7/27/13 Saturday morning ready to race!

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    We got a lot done today for sure, thanks Lee. I get to play because of your help today. I'll pick up a few more rolls of ribbon to finish up next week. The loop looks good.

We will do our last pre-ride Monday night. Come on by for the last peek at the course. It should be a good night for a ride.

Please pre-register at bikereg.com, search for Race the Rocks. It will help the morning registration go quicker.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

History throwback,

I remember the first day we roughed in the very first MTB trail FatDog? We have come a long way since then!

It just gets better all the time, I know the next planned addition is "super secret", but Jimmy had the line on that one all figured out!

Mums the word...LOL

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Once that many guys are on board the rest is just a bit of work

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Can't wait for Monday night's ride, one last spin before the race. The other day while ribboning the trails were perfect. It is a lot of work all year and so much behind the scenes that no one thinks about.

So, there it is down to counting the single days till Race the Rocks!
    Racing is living, everything else is just waiting, so who's ready to live? 7/27/13 it all goes down!

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    What time is the ride starting tonight, as I would like to pre-run the course

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I will turn everyone loose at 6

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

Received an email via Rob Steele( Back Mountain Enduro Riders )president:

Mountain Bike race this Saturday at Hunlocks. If anyone can come down and help out or just watch it would be appreciated. Mostly to watch the trail and help anyone out that is broke down.

Signup is at 7:00

Race starts at 11:00

Experts do 3 laps. Amateurs do 2 laps, and novices do 1 lap. Lap is about 7 miles.

Contact Scott Olex for more info.

Looks like the posse has arrived...LOL

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    okay, i'm officially in. Spent the money on registration and everything.

I'll totally be "racing to embarrass" ... who is embarrassed remains to be seen.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    There is no way to be embarrassed, showing up and pedaling beats everyone that thought about it and talked themselves out of it.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

Yep, especially this race, what a great group of guys hosting!

Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA
    Hey did I tell ya, I've got Non-Skid Feet?

i moto too
    Dec 2008
    i won't be embarrassed - it can be one of those "thanks for participating" and then don't read out loud the time

i really hope anyone who's not sure just takes the chance. i was only there once but the trails were lots of fun. thanks again to all that are making this happen.

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    I'll take a chance and go. Heck, it's just a ride right?? And rides are fun!

mtbr member
    Jul 2013
    Hey, can anyone confirm the start time for tomorrow? BikeReg says 10:00 for all, but I saw an earlier post that said 11:00.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

Well, if I can give ya support, jut ride your own pace, don't take chances, challenge the course by picking good lines, enjoy the fact that you are competing with a lot of others who enjoy the trails and the friends you have and the new one's you will meet! It's great to have ya along for the ride!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    I will be away from my computer after 2PM Friday and all day Saturday...
    ...see ya at Race the Rocks

Good Luck all...

i moto too
    Dec 2008

i moto too
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by NinerSquared View Post
    Hey, can anyone confirm the start time for tomorrow? BikeReg says 10:00 for all, but I saw an earlier post that said 11:00.

it's 10am, but it'll probably be a little after that until they get registration and all done.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    10 AM on bikereg. 11 AM on flyers. Scott posted on Facebook that the start time will be 11 AM unless day-of-registration folks stop appearing. Then, it might start a hint earlier.

i moto too
    Dec 2008
    had a great time (and workout). again, big thank you to all who made this race happen! it's so awesome that you guys spent so much of your time just so others could enjoy. it's very much appreciated

mtbr member
    Dec 2008
    Big Thanks to Scott, Lee, Ed, Jimmy, Joan (and families) and anyone else that contributed or let us use the land. This race was far from a "ride in the park"...meaning it was very challenging, but also very rewarding. It's not often you get to see someone cross the finish line without their pants? Nice underwear Dave!
    Last edited by Canadian Chuck; 07-29-2013 at 06:33 AM.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

+1 rep to go along with that nice shiny medal you earned...
    Good Racing Red and Canadian...

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast