Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

Roots & Rocks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "Race" da Rocks at Hunlocks 2013-dscf5622_1000x1000.jpg  

"Race" da Rocks at Hunlocks 2013-dscf5623_1000x1000.jpg  

"Race" da Rocks at Hunlocks 2013-dscf5625_1000x1000.jpg  

"Race" da Rocks at Hunlocks 2013-dscf5626_1000x1000.jpg  

"Race" da Rocks at Hunlocks 2013-dscf5627_1000x1000.jpg  

go vegan!
    Sep 2010
    I should be in nepa visiting family around the time of this race! Super stoked!

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    May be a dumb question but here we go. Is the hunlock race in the same area as moon lake. We would be coming from Mary D (Tamauqa Area). Also may want to come up and ride the area if possible?

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    trekgt: It's about a mile or so away from Moon Lake.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

trekgt,

Here's some help and yes we will have another race course pre-ride soon. I would imagine you'll be coming up Rt81 north and you can get off at the Rt29 exit, which will connect you with RT11 this side of the river.

Any questions or help just ask.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "Race" da Rocks at Hunlocks 2013-hcga-driving-directions-jpeg.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I' sure there will be enough people around to put together a Sunday morning rid at Moon Lake. I usually just ride up to the Moon from our place when I sleep out there. I wouldn't be surprised if there a diehard or two that you could convince to do an after race ride. You are welcome to camp at our place and make a weekend of it.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    There's "always" a Sunday ride at mOOn!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

New "and" Shiny...
    ...better than New "or" Shiny!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "Race" da Rocks at Hunlocks 2013-dscf5997_1000x1000.jpg  

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I will be at the property both Saturday and Sunday. I think I will work on the pontoon bridge this weekend. I'm thinking of building it by the red building and then hauling up the sections to the top of the mountain. I will have to run to Brian's mill Saturday morning to get some wood but I should be around the rest of the time. If you want to work on some bad ideas come on up, I will be there. If you want to ride, I am down for another three weeks but I am sure I can send a few out to ride if you stop by.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    These are the shirts that Matt Beekman designed for the race. They will be sub laminated, modern wicking material with 3 rear pockets. They will be sweet riding jerseys. I will work on getting them setup and ready for race day. Once I get the final details set-up I will put them up on Bikereg.com in the merchandise section for the race. I will get one order processed for for race day and have them at the race. Anyone that wants one will need to order it and pay for it via Bikereg.com, these aren't like getting cheap t-shirts and I really don't want to own a bunch at the price it will require to have them made up. We will sell them like Jimmy says, "Real nice riding jerseys for cheap".

I will also take orders at the race and if I can meet the minimum, I will then mail all race riding jerseys out once I receive them, just like Rich did at the Coal Cracker Classic when they ran out of shirts.

Hope you like the design, Lee, let me know your size as you and Matt are on me for all you do for us.

"Race" da Rocks at Hunlocks 2013-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Friday looks to be a nice night and I am back on the mountain bike. I am not sure how much I have for the climbs but I'll have no problem pedaling anywhere at our place.

So this Friday night we will put on the first real "Pasta Ride" of 2013. I am sure there will be a hammer group and a no rider left behind group. The new kitchen is pretty close to finished and that will make cooking and cleaning a bunch easier. The usual pot luck should have enough food for all that come by.

Wanna get a look at the race course, wanna play on the rocks or if you just want to ride the single track this Friday should be a good night for all of that. We drain very well so conditions will be fine if the weather channel are in the ballpark with their 10 day forecast.

I will most likely ride again on Sunday, if anyone wants to ride Sunday, post here and we'll see how much interest there is.

mtbr member
    What time do you plan on getting there on Friday ?

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Usual 6:00 ride. I will be there by 5. That is if I ever get off the GW, I have been stuck here do 40 mins an this may take another hour at least

wounded knee
    Just realized July 27th my friend is throwing his parents a 60th anniversary party and I promised I would help him set up early (7am) and help throughout the day, sadly I'm out for the race.
    Next Year?
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Since the rain is going to drag into tomorrow morning, I an canceling the Friday ride. We can do a ride Sunday and have food after. I will be there around 11 and we can ride around 1. How does that sound? Usual pot luck should make for a nice day.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    It was a great ride on Sunday, thanks to everyone that stopped by for making it a good ride.

I will be doing work nights every Thursday night till the race to get the race loop ready for the race. Tonight Ed and I are working on the pontoon bridge and if anyone wants to help just stop by. Anyone that want to help get ready for the race just needs to come up on Thursday's.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    "Race" da Rocks at Hunlocks 2013-image.jpg"Race" da Rocks at Hunlocks 2013-image.jpg

Ed, Sam and I worked on the pontoon bridge Thursday night. We have 2 section completed. A few more sections and then we can haul them to the top of the hill and set them up. It should be a wild obstacle. A few more nights work have it done.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    I added the shirts to Bikereg.com. If you order a shirt before 6/25 I should have them in time for the race. There is a 4 to 6 week lead time for the shirts and due to the costs I will only be able to get shirts that are prepaid.

https://www.bikereg.com/Net/18397

"Race" da Rocks at Hunlocks 2013-image.jpg

mtbr member
    Is Black Mountain having a motorcycle event there that weekend also?

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

Quote Originally Posted by cyrusthevyrus View Post
    Is Black Mountain having a motorcycle event there that weekend also?
    cyrus Two totally different venues, the BMER Moto harescramble is held down by the river off Rt11, the mt bike race at HCGA is about 7 miles way in Hunlock Creek Pa. We have our BMER meeting Tuesday, so I will have an update for ya but the BMER Moto HS has been moved to July 14th as far as I know. It was moved due to high water. Hope that clears stuff up for ya.

mtbr member
    Thanks-I'll watch their site- thought there was a trials...

Bucyrus Jacques Strappe III
    "Cy"

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Yes, you are correct there was supposed to be a Moto trails the next day after the mt bike race at HCGA but the guy who runs it never came through, so kind of insurance misunderstanding.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    We will put on a ride Sunday, we meet at 12 and hit the trails around 12:30. There should be a few fast riders that know most of the loop that can lead a hammer ride. I'm a bit slow on the climb yet but I can roll the loop just fine. It should be a nice ride, it looks like the rain might hold off finally and we drain well so it might be perfect Sunday.

Come on out and give the race loop a try. For those that are going to race, please go to https://www.bikereg.com/Net/18397 and pre-register. It will make your and my race day much easier. The race shirts are up on the bikereg page, they are sweet but keep in mind that they have a 4 to 6 week lead time.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

For those coming to HCGA, if you have been to Moon Lakes Main Gate directions to HCGA are, from the Main gate at Moon Lake, travel straight on Atherton Rd(dirt road) a few tenths of a mile to the T intersection, turn left onto Hartman Rd.(Paved Rd) follow for a few tenths of a mile, look for a yellow mini bike hanging in a tree on your right side and follow the dirt road straight 50 feet bearing to your right(don't go straight) Mike's house will be on your right. See Yellow gate, travel through the yellow gate to the dead end parking area.

You have arrived at HCGA...
    ...home of Fat Dog(dog treats gladly accepted/no hugs please).

The included map is if your coming from Rt81 Rt29 or Rt11

HCGA GPS
    N41 14.018
    W76 03.592

Come preride weather your racing or not!
    If you need more info just ask
    Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails "Race" da Rocks at Hunlocks 2013-hcga-driving-directions-jpeg.jpg  

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Cool-blue Rhythm

Here's some chatter from our Race the Rocks FB page:
    Scott Olex

We will put on a ride Sunday, we meet at 12 and hit the trails around 12:30. There should be a few fast riders that know most of the loop that can lead a hammer ride. I'm a bit slow on the climb yet but I can roll the loop just fine. It should be a nice ride, it looks like the rain might hold off finally and we drain well so it might be perfect Sunday.

Come on out and give the race loop a try. For those that are going to race, please go to https://www.bikereg.com/Net/18397 and pre-register. It will make your and my race day much easier. The race shirts are up on the bikereg page, they are sweet but keep in mind that they have a 4 to 6 week lead time.

Like Unfollow Post Thursday at 3:44pm via mobile

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast