mtbr member

Prompton Sunday 9/21/08

A couple of us from www.cycle-cny.com are heading down there for a ride tomorrow. It's been over a year since I was there last, and the others have never been. Was wondering if anyone would consider serving as a tour guide. We should be there by 9:30-9:45, and are looking for a good 3 hour loop.

Thanks,

Scott

mtbr member
    Scott, Are you coming down with Nate? You should come down it two weeks and ride The Moosic Mountain preserve that Hubbard has been building on. The Grand Opening will be on October 5th and we're trying to get riders from all over to come and ride to show The Nature Conservancy how much we appreciate them opening up to riders. I'm going DH tomorrow, so I won't be around, but look on Hubbards site and see if anyone is going.
    I'm going to send a PM. Ttyl, Fahn

mtbr member
    I didn't post it at cycle-cny because the Ithaca crew likes to get a later start....IE ride at noon until 4pm. We want to start earlier, but he is fun to ride with.

mtbr member

How about Lackawanna State Park

There are a few crews riding there tomorrow.....lets see a group starting at 9am off of llilly Road. A group at 10am from the main boat launch............and i heard another group leaving at noon from the boat launch...
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

mtbr member
    May 2005

prompton and lackawanna

a small group of us is riding prompton tomorrow at 830 but if youcan't make that there is a ride at lackawann state park also.. i believe it is at 10 am..... lacka is in great shape as i rode there today... trails are dry and very fast with just enough technical stuff to keep it interesting... you could get three hours of riding in easy if you did all the trails... neil b

mtbr member
    We rode Prompton, and it was great. The other two guys weren't prepared for the terrain, and had packed lightly. One comment was "they survived 16 miles of riding in a cement mixer". Those rocks really test your suspension tuning abilities. Thanks for the additional offers anyways.

banned
    Any pics? Prompton's my favorite trail thus far on this side or that of the Atlantic and I miss it a lot. Breaking through the rocks, climbing, then emerging back at the dam after a full loop is a wonderfully triumphant feeling.