aka Zucchini Steve
    Sep 2005

Prompton on Sunday

Was thinking about riding at Prompton on Sunday morning, any ideas on trails conditions out there? I haven't been in over a year, is the work at the dam complete?

Thanks,
    Steve

mtbr member
    The dam is done and conditions should be fine. BUT come up to the Moosic Mountian preserve Nature Conservancy on Sunday and ride the newest trails in NEPA! We're up to 9 miles of the most steady, technical trails with amazing views too. The diversity at the MMP is unreal and I can't really explain it until you see it. So if you're interested come up on Sunday at 1pm and enjoy the latest, most tech trails in NEPA. We'll have different groups for different paced rides, but there's not really any "easy rides".

Check here for more info Moosic Mtn October 5th!!! Be there!

Ttyl, Fahn

aka Zucchini Steve
    Sep 2005
    Larry - thanks for the info. I've seen the posts about Moosic and wanted to come, but 1PM is way too late. I'm in the Hazleton area, have over an hour to drive up there, and need to be home by 4. We're planning to ride Prompton starting between 9:30am and 10:00am.

mtbr member
    FWIW, It will take about 2 hrs to ride. But Prompton should be good too. Let me know how the West Shore and Orchard trails are doing. They're the ones close to 170. If they're getting grown in I might go back up and recut them this year. ttyl, Fahn

aka Zucchini Steve
    Sep 2005
    We'll let you know how West Shore & Orchard are.. maybe post some pics too. Hope you guys have a great time at Moosic, we'll get up there eventually!

aka Zucchini Steve
    Sep 2005
    Larry - we rode West Shore trail and it was in perfect shape. All the trails on the other side of the lake were great too, we rode ended up riding about 15 miles, had a great time.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

stevenh:

Did ya get any pic Prompton is fantastic this time of year?

aka Zucchini Steve
    Sep 2005
    Nah, we left the cameras at home. It was Turbo Tom's first time there. We ended up riding Hemlock, Bone Ridge, High Ledge, the B/W connecting trail, parts of East Shore Trail, the G/W connecting trail, Eagle Pass, Pine Creek, Blueberry, Cliff, Sidewinder, and then West Shore Trail.

Shrinking Clyde Rider :-)
    I really enjoyed the trails there, until my hydration situation diminished. Note to self, bring more fluids when riding Prompton. :-)

I'm on fire.
    A few of us are planning to hit either Merli or Prompton this Sunday. Anybody ride there recently to give a conditions report? Wondering how you made out with the rain, snow and wind we've had the last week....
    Sanity is the trademark of a weak mind.
    Cycle CNY

mtbr member
    Well, There's still snow on the mtns. Hopefully this is the beginning of winter! Hubbard has some downed trees, so I'll assume that Merli does also. Prompton, I don't know. ttyl, Fahn