mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Prompton storm damage

I took the fat bike around some of the trails to see how they were after the storm. Well I have good news & bad news good news the trails themselves are in pretty good shape, yes they are wet & even some standing water with very little muddy sections ,for the most part they are pretty firm the bad news , we lost two bridges & most of the creek & stream crossings were wiped out Bridges are one thing but the rock work I did on all the creek crossing took years to do, its going to take some time to get them all fixed The thing is I didn`t even get around all the trails yet to see how they are So this is a heads up for anyone who maybe planning to ride here, its not going to be as good as its been in the past. I will be working on them after work & when I have time ,if anyone want to help let me know KP
    Last edited by KP snowman; 06-30-2013 at 05:43 PM.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    KP,

Sorry to hear that!

How long and wide were the bridges? I'm thinking I could build a bridge here at my shop and we could get it up there on a trailer? Next question how far out were the bridges. Hoping it was the one by the old road, for easier access?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get a mental picture

mtbr member
    I feel for you snowman. Our local club's first trail is partially under the Minnesota river due to flooding and it looks like we lost a bridge or two also. I hope you get lots of help making it all good again.

That's really disappointing, KP. I was planning to ride there over the July 4th weekend. Any advice on trails to avoid... I'm assuming both trails on the west side of the lake will be soggy (with the lower being worse), as well as the red trail on the east side.

I can only think of 2 bridges at Prompton...the one at the end of old route 170 and the one about halfway along the east lake trail (think it's near a connector to Sugar Shack.)

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    There are (were) 4 bridges 3 of them on what would be considered the east shore trail 1 about half way (still there) two along the river as you go out the north end (gone) & one up top on the green trail (still there)you can still ride you may have to get off in some parts to get over some of the water crossings. I started fixing some of them, but I still have not got around all the trails yet to know how all the trails are(keeps raining after work every day)but hope to by the end of the week. I think it will be ok to ride just be safe & have fun ,maybe I`ll see ya there .KP