mtbr member

Prompton ?'s.mainly for KP

We rode there yesterday by starting at the dam. We were on Sugar Shack or something back there. We did the "S" switchbacks thru the Pine needles. As soon as we exited that section it opens up. I saw what looked like an old trail grown in with grass to our right. When we rode into the woods 50', we noticed a trail that was cleaned off to our right. Do these connect?
    Also, at that same spot there was a trail to our left by like 10' that was cleaned too, but I didn't see an entrance or exit to that trail. We just went down the middle to Eagle Pass.
    Are these new trails or just something we didn't notice in the past? What are the names and are they on the maps? Ttyl, Fahn

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    New trail from last year,not on the map & I just call it switchback.If ya follow it, it switchbacks up to the top of the hill,zig zags around up there then does the same going down then out at the bottom of the pinetrees area. then your back on the white(sugarshack) trail down by the creek 1.1 mile long & pretty fun,I do have more bench cutting to do.How did you guy`s like the trails ? Ron & I (Ron did most of it) cleared off all the trails (new toy leafblower) I think it helps dry the trails on sunny day`s,we will see how it works long term.happy trails KP

mtbr member
    The trails are in great shape. I didn't ride that trail though. What's the one right below it? I just got a leaf blower myself from my personal Santa. Beth bought my the Echo pb-500t. What makes and models are you guys using? Ttyl, Fahn

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    If your talking the trail to the right side of the white trail as your going down the hill,thats where you come out of the new trail.If you see a trail to the left side of the white in the same area,its a reroute of the red trails where its was always muddy.it gets a little close to each other there but make for a dryer an ez climb going back the other way.The blower is a Stihl backpack type forget model # but it blow up to 200 mph pretty cool ,KP

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Thanks KP

Kevin, just wanted to say thanks for all you and your crews hard work on the trails up there. We were up on black Friday and relly need to get there more often.Great trails in great condition Rode the new section all the way up and then down to the creek crossing. Nice!

mtbr member
    May 2009
    Looks good Kevin and Ron! Thanks