Thread: Prompton Lake

banned

Prompton Lake

Has anyone ridden the trails around this Lake?

I was out there yesterday and it was a difficult, but fantastic run. The route is to head north on the west side, cross over the northern tip of the Lake and go across for an hour, then come back down south with lots of places to play along the way until you get to the dam.

The terrain is composed of jagged, loose rock for a large portion of all trails. Many stream crossings, even the trail turning into streams at certain points. Overall elevation isn't crazy, but the technicality and gradients are impressive, especially with off-camber trails. I believe the entrance to the Blue trail will have you climbing for about 3/4 mile over some rugged terrain. The west side is a bit boring, but it allows you to warm up before you get into the crazy stuff, as well as to get through the stream crossings. Like I said, there were tons, of them, big and small.

These trails can be done on XC bikes, but longer travel would be nice, along with higher inflation and rims perhaps a bit up over XC lite rims due to the sharp, jagged rocks. My buddy rode on a hardtail with 80mm up front without trouble.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Uphill hater

Beautiful..absolutley beautiful

Looks like a very nice ride! Nice pics! Where exactly is this?
    Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

My blog

banned
    Link

It's in the middle of nowhere, but there were other MTBer vehicles out there. I think one day is a stretch to try and do the whole thing in one piece and still enjoy it. I think our total riding time was over four hours. Some of it is brutal as some trails are simply made entirely of loose rock.

I would go back.
    Attached Images Attached Images

^ The Trail Starts Here ^
    Gunner:

Prompton is up here by me! About 30 minutes drive. Check out mapquest. Near Honesdale in the northeastern part of PA. We could do a ride there if you like. I think Dalton would like that place. You can fish and cook out there also!

Do I smell something cooking?
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

Uphill hater
    Could be...biking fishing and eating all in one! 3 of my favorite sports!
    Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

My blog

banned
    If there are any problems, there is a bike shop in town, around the corner from the CVS.