mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Prompton Dam State Park trails

I would like everyone to know after the trails dry up & we can ride again ,the trails at Prompton are going to be open.When ya get up here you might see signs that say park closed,but you can still use the trails.I think they said they would be working mid week only & weekends should be ok .I would park up by the road if you want to ride week days.They are working on the spillway to the right of the dam,so just watch yourself if ya go up mid week & they`re working I think they should be helping me work on the trails instead ,but thats just me .happy trails KP

mtbr member
    Thanks Kev. 3 of us rode Moosic tonight and it was wet in a lot of areas due to the last 2-3 days of rain. Saturday should be alright and Sunday should be good.
    Just please stay off of the Waterfall trail. That one is going to be wet for a while.

Ttyl, Fahn

Ps. I'll have an update on Merli tomorrow.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFahn
    Ps. I'll have an update on Merli tomorrow.
    looking forward to it, trail conditions updates are appreciated.

Wizard of the Trail
    Thanks guys. I am looking to hit Merli either late saturday or during the week sometime. I have been refraining from riding since we had all that rain and snow. Larry, we have to hook up for a ride instead of trail work sometime. LOL
    There is no charge for awesomeness......or attractiveness.

Good rep does not wash out the bad, nor the bad the good.

mtbr member
    Merli was in pretty good shape. Jeff and myself cleared about 90* of the downed trees. There's still some sections we need a chain saw on though. The Start loop has about 4 downed ones yet. Vintage was good, Squeeze Play was good except for one in the middle and one at the end. My Brothers trail will be wet so skip that one please. Fox rocks was pretty good, but there's one or two that we need to cut. Didn't hit Blade and exited at the lake. We didn't have time to go up the other side. Ttyl, Fahn