Ride da mOOn Moderator

New question here. Prompton Dam SP Epic Ride questions?

To all:

I rode Prompton Dam SP today with a few friends. As I was riding along thinking to myself all the endless flowing singlestrack that never gives up it's secret! Rolling through valleys and across steams with the view across the lake you have no shortcut to use. The loop continues around the lake with trail options to do more secondary loops yet still bringing you back to the main loop. Adding more miles to a truly great place. Having said that I ask you your opinion of: Do you feel it is an Epic ride?

I would also like to suggest we do some trail work as there are a few places water is flowing down the middle of the trail! It will only get worse. I will repost this trail workday in the spring as the ground is hard now and we need to direct the water off the main trail. I would hate to see some of the trails in this great place turn into a wash. So hopefully in the spring we can all get together and fix the problem areas, maybe even have a picnic/ride after...

Last edited by NEPMTBA; 11-25-2007 at 03:57 PM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    Hey Lee, how come we always see these post of great rides with great pictures after the rides? And all the "work day" invitations but never no ride invitations?

Just bustin ya. It was a great day to ride, we tore up Salisbury.

Rock on brother, Mike
    Mike

banned
    Yeah Lee, you should be posting before the rides!

I'll be getting out there soon, I hope. Miss that place a lot.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

... and if we just ...

Guys:

It was Gary's ride and he invited me?...My dog chewed the cord on the computer right as I was posting the Ride?..really I was! Oh s**t I don't have a DOG!

Ok, Sorry it was such a nice day next time I promise I will post it. Watch it snow for a month straight!

It was on our NEPMTBA website or Hubbards forum!

Hope ya had a great T's giving!

BIKE!!
    Nov 2005

I am in

I will rake the trails!! Now that is an epic rake! haha

We will be riding Merli this weekend on Sunday around noon!!

mtbr member
    Are you refering to the red trail as being the one that needs matenence? And remember... One thing at a time... There's a bunch of trail work to be done as the work is lining up between the LSF and MMC land. Not to mention other projects that will surface. I'm sure you know I'm not telling you what to do, but I think that the table's full of work and bringing up more than one project or concern at a time will only result in higher than possible expectations. Baby steps is the key, Take o projects as they can be acomidated. What do you think??? ttyl, Fahn

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFahn
    Are you refering to the red trail as being the one that needs matenance? And remember... One thing at a time... There's a bunch of trail work to be done as the work is lining up between the LSF and MMC land. Not to mention other projects that will surface. I'm sure you know I'm not telling you what to do, but I think that the table's full of work and bringing up more than one project or concern at a time will only result in higher than possible expectations. Baby steps is the key, Take o projects as they can be acomidated. What do you think??? ttyl, Fahn
    Larry:

Yes, the Red Trail about half way across the other side of the lake. Actually there are a few places. Also near the Sugar Shack intersection. I put the request strictly to call attention to see if anyone is interested in helping as a volunteer. The more help we have the more we can do. Make sense? Not a demand in anyway! I would never do that. I rode there and saw a problem so I spoke up. If I have time this Saturday I will be there to do some work and make a short ride of it depending on weather!
    As you know Trail work is not something that stops. I spoke of it, so we can put it on our schedule.
    The MMC land is right on schedule, and not something that will be completed all at once. It will take years to do the work there.
    I spoke to the district forester about the LSF extension, it is planned for Spring 2008. We have a meeting planned with him for the near future. I posted here on MTBR to see if anyone outside our 2 groups is interested in helping also. I hope this clears things up as you can see I have it all lined up and in a workable order!

mtbr member

banned
    What are conditions generally like in the winter? I generally go during the other three seasons.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Smile Pretty much...

... the same as everywhere in NEPA. Once the ground freezes it will roll fast and have ice anywhere water lays. Of course once the lake freezes thick you can short cut across. Not that you would want to, but you could if you had to.
    We have a friend that does laps around the lake on the ice at Frances Slocum SP... LOL!... Really!

banned
    I wonder if it's even possible to do laps around the lake out there. Know anyone that has?

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jerk_Chicken
    I wonder if it's even possible to do laps around the lake out there. Know anyone that has?
    That would be a long one, but we do it on land every time we ride there!..LOL!