mtbr member

Prompton Dam ride

We departed from the Hazleton area at 6AM sharp. The ride to the Prompton Dam was almost 1hr and 15 min. Our group never rode there before, but has been in the Jim Thorpe area and Mauch Chunk trails. We normally ride in Mountain Top. We rode the “red” trail.
    Let me tell you, it’s worth the drive, I would even drive two hrs to get there.
    Sweet single track, alternating between climbs and fast descents. The scenery is also top notch. A mostly technical loop that kept everyone on their toes. (no crashes)
    I brought my camera, but had NO BATTERIES!!!
    To anyone who has not been on this gem, its awesome.
    Many places are kind of wet, I would avoid it a few days after rain.

mtbr member
    You rode the worst trail! You should have ridden the other stuff if you want to ride the best.

mtbr member
    Larry, some buds of mine were on the ride and the Barn ride too. Rich butz and greg horwath. Me and Jay dejesus(who was there too hopping around) are going to plan a defintie thursday. I hear you guys are pretty serious so bear with me for the first ride

mtbr member
    May 2004
    I stumbled on this trail last year after being in the area with my family and needing to get away. Honestly one of the funnest trails I have ever ridden. As someone mentioned the other trails are better than the red one.

mtbr member
    What would be the best route to take?

mtbr member
    Cross the dam and instead of trying to go up that huge rock garden, there's actually ST to your left. It takes you to the same spot 100' up the hill. You're now in the woods. Take a switchback to the right. It's the yellow trail. It SB's the whole way up. As you get to the top it's fast, rolling ST. There's a trail (bikers) called the 'double yellow'. All the trails now have nice signs with names, but most of us don't know them... Anyway. When you’re on the top of the yellow, there’s a left turn that you can actually switchback on and do 1.25 miles on. That’s the ‘double yellow’. It just a loop that brings you 100 feet from where you went in. When you come out, you’ll make a left and start the DH. At the bottom hang a right and continue on more ST. This part gets smooth, fast and twisty! That’s just the first 4-5 miles!
    I might be up there this weekend to ride. What day, I don't know. I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

If anyone is interested in a JRA type of ride at prompton this weekend, let me know. I'll gladly show you where all the trails are. ttyl, Fahn ps. There's about 17 miles of trails involved and probably 25-30 miles total at Prompton.

^ The Trail Starts Here ^
    Jkad:

John Ayers father passed away. I don't have the details. Dave emailed me.

Sad
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

Wizard of the Trail
    Hey Larry,
    Whats JRA mean??
    Thanks!
    There is no charge for awesomeness......or attractiveness.

Good rep does not wash out the bad, nor the bad the good.

mtbr member
    Thanks Lee.

mtbr member
    "Just Riding Along" It's a term used in shops when someone brings in something they want fixed. Ya know "I was Just Riding Along when the wheel bent in half and cracked the frame too! BTW, Isn't this covered under that warranty?" Though my use of it is different, it's still the same phrase. I just want to ride it and not go too fast. Hence, Just Riding Along. We'll ride at a nice pace and stop at intersections, tops of hills... Ya know, the "usual" spots. All are invited of course!

Fahn.

Wizard of the Trail
    Larry,
    Yeah, let me know. I am availible on saturday all day, but I work Sunday untill 1:30. I plan on heading up there tomorrow morning for a ride. This time I will ride your suggested loop.
    I thought thats what JRA was, but I wasn't sure. Anyway, hows your rigid full suspenion riding? LOL
    There is no charge for awesomeness......or attractiveness.

Good rep does not wash out the bad, nor the bad the good.

mtbr member
    Very funny.