They turned me loose

Prompton Dam conditions *PICS*

I'm hoping to make the jaunt from CNY this Saturday.

What's are the trail conditions currently? I know we're pretty wet up here....
    Last edited by TheDude; 05-21-2006 at 11:40 AM.

ganginwood
    i don't know about the trail conditions but with that username shouldn't you have this as your avatar?

just a thought
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aswell
    the 5th poster, ganginwoods, is correct

They turned me loose
    Perhaps, but that would be predictable.

mtbr member
    The trails were in great shape the last couple weeks. Being that we've gotten rain for the past week(on and off) I'm not too sure. I know some sections will be muddy, but I wouldn't be suprized if the ground is sucking the rain in either. Sorry I couldn't give you a straight forward answer. LarryFahn.

They turned me loose
    Trails were great!

They turned me loose
    Trails were great!

I'll get some pics up here shortly.

They turned me loose
    Love the trails here, such a mix-up. Fast and flowy, slow and techy, and some great pine sections. We managed to hit every trail except for Sidewinder and the Orchard trail. When I was here last year, most of the "good" loops were not marked. Whomever does the work out there, it's the best I've seen. Very clean park, well marked and maintained trails. Truly a gem. Now a few shots:

One the way up to the Cliff Trail

Cliff Trail

On of numerous interludes between pines and rocks, sweet!

Somewhere on the Pine Creek trail

The most important shot of the day.

For the whole lot of pictures, go here: http://www.cycle-cny.com/phpbb/Coppe...s.php?album=53

Peace

mtbr member

Good job! Dude...............Nice Pictures.........

thx for sharing them. Not absolutely sure who maintains them but I have heard a club out of the Scranton area called Hubbard Bicycle puts in some trail maintenance days there and at Merli-Sarnoski(aka Fell Mt). If you haven't tried Merli and you like Prompton you would enjoy it. They are relatively close too. A group of us go out there at least 3 times a year to ride there.

Long Trail is one of my favorites too! Just came back from NEngland and brought back some Magic Hat(sampler & Hefenweizen).
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

They turned me loose
    I'll vote Prompton over Fell, it has a nice mixture of terrain. Fell certainly has it's merits though, like armies and armies of baby heads! We ride Merli often, though I have not this year. Couple of folks took a trip down a few weeks ago to check out the logging damage.....doesn't sound too good. Quite a few trails have been banged up.

Long Trail brew pub is a sweet spot, if you ever visit the Killington area, it's worth the 20 munte drive for their "sampler"

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffSkisMontana
    Not absolutely sure who maintains them but I have heard a club out of the Scranton area called Hubbard Bicycle puts in some trail maintenance days there and at Merli-Sarnoski(aka Fell Mt). If you haven't tried Merli and you like Prompton you would enjoy it.
    Nope! The Lacawanna Bike Club (LBC) built them. Mainly Kevin Pender. He lives relativley close, so it's easier for him to maintain the trails than guy's from Scranton. Hubbard Bike Club builds trails only on Hubbard specifically. People from Hubbard help the LBC build trails at the Lacawanna state park and help maintain trails there also. We're the ones that are fighting to stop the timbering at Merli. Hubbard gets together every Thursnight and rides from 'the barn'. We consist of about 15 of us to be there in the rain, snow and whatever else you can think of, and about 60 'come-and-go's'. The LBC is still around, but treir not as big as they used to be. The LBC builds trails (modern ones like Prompton and the LSP) by using IMBA's books. The trails are kept in great shape due to them following these standards.
    If you guys are ever up for a ride again, let me know. I can show you some of the LSP, Hubbard, Merli, or Prompton. (Even though you know some of those ). We're always up for a ride!

LarryFahn

mtbr member

pics from 3 weeks ago.

The intro to Cliff trail

Coming out of the Cliff trail, just before the stream crossing

Enjoying the ST

banned
    Wow, I'm so sorry I passed over this thread, but the pics from my ride there are here:

Link