^ The Trail Starts Here ^

Proformance Cycle Tuesday night ride

To all:

Since the weather is SOOOOOOOO nice! LOL! I think we will do the EDR tonight. The short loop! Setup will be "Scot Trials"/Sections are not marked!

This will be a "TRIALS" ride. This is the first time on the trail this year due to early water runoff. The "Binkmister" will be joining us tonight! Hopefull he can pull off some of those "NO Handed Wheelies" For those interested in this ride, It is Very Rough and Slippy. We will be using Mt Bikes modified for Trials Sections. Regular mt bikes are welcome to ride along and learn some Trials stuff. We do this a relaxed pace! What you can't ride you can walk! Lot's of BS--ing also! Helmets and protective gear are mandatory!

We will not count Dabs! This will be a prerun for the summer Trials series! More on the Summer Trials Series Later! We will have 2 classes though! Stock and Mod bike

Safe means Success!

Leaving shop at 6
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

Big Up... Chump
    May 2006
    PC

What deems a Trials Bike? Do I need to go buy a Trials bike to do Trials? I have been to Motorama and talked to you a few times. I think trials is a great sport! I live in the mountains and have lots of areas to set stuff up, but don't know how. Is it hard to arrange stuff? Do I need to have stuff like you had at Motorama?

zap

Zap:

We ride Trials all the time! It's about having fun and hanging out. We have guys who can't hop a log, but they love to be on the ride for the fun of watching us try some really sick stuff. You can use the Mt Bike you have now if you put a rockring(protector) on the crank. Some cranks you can remove the Large chain ring to give more clearence. You don't need to do any mods if you just wanna try trials. A set of good tires, brakes, helmet, gloves, and protective gear are all you need to learn the basics. Pedals are your choice. We don't use clip-ins but some guys do and, do very well. Personal choice. We can tune your bike if stuff is really loose.

You don't need big concrete section stuff like we use at Motorama. This stuff is cool to look at but not recommended for the beginner. All you need is a small section of fairly clear dirt with some irregular grading. Rocks and Logs make it more interesting but, not a must have.

Lay out a section with no stuff first! See if you can ride it making left and right turns without Dabbing. Add something like a small Log in a straight area then ride it again. Keep score of your progress. Use the same section for learning so as not to make too much work "building" rather than "riding" Just ride it till you can do it Clean! Then ride it backwards for a whole different angle!
    proformance58@cs.com

Vintage 2 Stroke Mt Biker
    Hey VMX Racer

Frost tonight up here. 7 inch is cold already. if you want we can dig out the pit and ride there. did you get the monty done yet?

Rider:

The Monty had HS 33s on stock. We are going to Flo Jet some new disc mounts. Then bolt the discs up and the rest is done. THE PIT! That's the place. Did you ever find the bottom of that?
    LOL!
    proformance58@cs.com

Big Up... Chump
    May 2006

What size tires do you recommend? Do I need to have disc brakes?

Zap:

What ever tires you have will work for now, if they hold air and have thread they are ok Your brakes will be fine as long as they are adjusted.
    proformance58@cs.com