Thread: Poconos trails?

mtbr member
    May 2007

Poconos trails?

i'm heading out to the Poconos next month for a weekend with the little lady and some friends and i'd like to bring my bike if i can. i'm not familiar with the area, i just know that it's fairly touristy. can anyone tell me if it's worth my while to bring my mtb bike? i have any details yet about where exactly we're staying, but i'll post it as soon as i know.

eci
    where ya gonna be?

Shrinking Clyde Rider :-)
    What type of trails are you looking for; Single Track, Double Track, Rail Trails? We have all types in the area. Check out the NEPA STICKY in this forum for a bunch of trails in the area. Once you know where you are staying and what type of trails you are looking to ride we can give you more precise options. In simple, yeah it would be worth it to bring your bike :-)

mtbr member
    May 2007
    ok, the town is Lake Towamensing and i'm looking for singletrack, beginner to intermediate...more towards intermediate.

thanks, i'll check out that sticky. any recommendations would be appreciated too.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Jim Thorpe

eci
    according to the map your going to be in the north pocno region. Theres a few good state game lands up there thats fairly flat of 423 and then there camelback/big pocono state park with lots of good riding

If you are refering to Towamensing in Albrightsville, then Jim Thorpe would probably be you best choice. Check out http://jttrails.wordpress.com/ for more info on the trails in Jim Thorpe.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tturbotom
    If you are refering to Towamensing in Albrightsville, then Jim Thorpe would probably be you best choice. Check out http://jttrails.wordpress.com/ for more info on the trails in Jim Thorpe.
    yeah i believe that's the one. thanks for the link.

mtbr member

Broad Mt. Loop and Twin Peaks

These are what I would recommend for intermediate rides in the JT area. Coal Cracker is also a good easier ride. See the maps page on the site below. The trails are in great shape right now and the weekend should be good. Enjoy.
    Jim Thorpe Trail Coalition
    http://jttrails.wordpress.com/

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Thorpe Trails
    These are what I would recommend for intermediate rides in the JT area. Coal Cracker is also a good easier ride. See the maps page on the site below. The trails are in great shape right now and the weekend should be good. Enjoy.
    great, thanks for the tips. hopefully i'll get the little lady out on one of the trails too.

Lets ride!
    Aug 2011
    Check out Mcdade trail in Pike county, Northeast Poconos. It borders route 209. I live about 5 miles away from the northern section of the trails, i ride it atleast once every weekI. Nice flat open trail to some single track sections.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Hi, I'm here from Trinidad spending a vacation in Mt. Pocahontas an interested in riding a trail or two any recommendations or rides I can go on, thanks in advance................

The Jim Thorpe recommendations listed above may be your best bet, based on your vacation destination. There are more trail options if you are willing to drive a little.