mtbr member
    Aug 2004

New question here. Pocono Residents - Non-bike related question,,

Hi All,

We are interested in renting a place in the Poconoes in late August 2007 for a week or two for vacation. We need a place with a kitchen, two or three bedrooms (for me, my wife and our three kids), and which, ideally, allows pets. We are looking for something fairly secluded, but in an area with a lake (for swimming, kayaking, canoing, and kids fishing), tennis, a pool (if possible), and it would be great if there were decent mountain biking near by. It doesn't need to be fancy, but does need to be clean, well maintained and have good beds!

Does anybody know of any rentals or rental agencies? Can you recommend areas, communities and towns in which to look?

Thanks in advance!

Now broadcasting from CO

Shawnee

Check out the Shawnee Village. They have nice cabins with two bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen, etc. They are really nice. It works on a time share system, but I'm pretty sure that you can rent one for a week or so. I've been going there for years, so I can vouch for how nice they are. Look here: http://www.shawneevillage.com/
    Brought to you by rocks.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    I have a place in Towamensing Trails. We have both a pool and lake. There are a few other communities in the area also. It's about 12 miles north of Jim Thorpe or there are some "trails" in the development.

Here is a realtor in that area. www.prr1.com

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    If you do a Google search you can find several real-estate agancies that handle rentals. Their are probably 500 rental properties available in the whole area. Their are at least 40 in my development alone.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by PAmtbiker
    Check out the Shawnee Village. They have nice cabins with two bedrooms, bathroom, kitchen, etc. They are really nice. It works on a time share system, but I'm pretty sure that you can rent one for a week or so. I've been going there for years, so I can vouch for how nice they are. Look here: http://www.shawneevillage.com/
    I was just up there this past weekend. They do not allow pets.