mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Pittsburgh Trail Conditions?

Has anyone been out on any trails in the Pittsburgh area lately? If so, how are the conditions after this weekends rain/thaw? I am itching to ride after just moving back from Chicago (aka, FLAT, boring, over-crowded, etc..) but am weary about too much mud and subsequent trail damage. Thanks to anyone who has some info!

mtbr member
    Dec 2003

Upset

Quote Originally Posted by randob300
    Has anyone been out on any trails in the Pittsburgh area lately? If so, how are the conditions after this weekends rain/thaw? I am itching to ride after just moving back from Chicago (aka, FLAT, boring, over-crowded, etc..) but am weary about too much mud and subsequent trail damage. Thanks to anyone who has some info!
    Well I can tell ya that if it's anything like it is here in Phila. it did not thaw at all, I tried yesterday , it was a skating rink.. not even walkable...fire road was almost ridable...trails were solid ice....

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Pgh trail conditions

I went to Frick on Wed. night to take my dog for a walk and everything was a sheet of ice and the way temps have been warming up I am assuming it will be pretty sloppy especially on Saturday. But on Sunday the temps are supposed to take a nose dive and it should freeze everything back up and maybe ridable.

Dan