Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    156

    Pittsburgh riders, have you heard rumors about Frick Park?

    I haven't been running or riding in the park for around a month because of the ice. Today my daily run took me down the Braddock Trail and as I ran along it, I noticed a police cruiser and animal control truck. As I made my way down to the bottom of the park, the animal control truck passed me. As I ended my run near Reynolds Street, I noticed a police officer pulling out of the park and headed my way. I stopped the officer and asked him if they were patrolling for those disobeying the leash law, and he told me that they were patrolling against any wrongdoing. He asked if I needed anything, and I told him I just wanted to thank him for their presence in the park. He encouraged me to continue to write to the 311 line.

    Later this morning I read a comment on the Frick Park Facebook page, asking if anyone has heard rumors that "things that Schenley Park was known for were now occuring in Frick Park. Have any of you heard this?

  2. #2
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,440
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottRPriester
    I haven't been running or riding in the park for around a month because of the ice. Today my daily run took me down the Braddock Trail and as I ran along it, I noticed a police cruiser and animal control truck. As I made my way down to the bottom of the park, the animal control truck passed me. As I ended my run near Reynolds Street, I noticed a police officer pulling out of the park and headed my way. I stopped the officer and asked him if they were patrolling for those disobeying the leash law, and he told me that they were patrolling against any wrongdoing. He asked if I needed anything, and I told him I just wanted to thank him for their presence in the park. He encouraged me to continue to write to the 311 line.

    Later this morning I read a comment on the Frick Park Facebook page, asking if anyone has heard rumors that "things that Schenley Park was known for were now occuring in Frick Park. Have any of you heard this?
    so what was going on in the other park??

    western PA sucks, I hate it here

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by mx_599
    so what was going on in the other park??

    western PA sucks, I hate it here
    I'm not a big fan of Western PA either but I can't complain to much because I live near Hillman State Park.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    156
    I don't know why we had to insert the comments about "hating" Western PA or what that has to do with what I typed.....but to answer the one question asked above: Schenley Park used to have the reputation of being used by drug users and homosexuals enjoying themselves. If you remember Kordell Stewart from the Steelers....it was always rumored that he would cruise Schenley Park looking for younger men.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    2,440
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottRPriester
    I don't know why we had to insert the comments about "hating" Western PA or what that has to do with what I typed.....but to answer the one question asked above: Schenley Park used to have the reputation of being used by drug users and homosexuals enjoying themselves. If you remember Kordell Stewart from the Steelers....it was always rumored that he would cruise Schenley Park looking for younger men.
    gosh, calm down. fine I don't hate western PA

    it just sucks here

    thanks for the background on the parks, I had no idea

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •