mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Pittsburgh Riders: Frick Park

Howdy,

I just moved to Pittsburgh, and am looking for a few folks to ride Frick with, esp. because I i've tried putting together a solid loop and it's been vexing. And, despite calling around to bike shops and checking out PORC and PTAG, I can't seem to find riders. So, I'd like to hear from you.
    In fact, feel free to call me: 215 360 4391.

Thanks,

AJ

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Well, I did just get pointed to the porc "meetup" page, which I hadn't seen before--like much else, I'm sure. That should help me a good bit...

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    You can also sign up for the PORC e-mail list. They have several Frick rides a week for various skill levels. Should have no trouble hooking up with some fine folks.

Dave

my fun has a hurting
    i lead a casual multiple skill level ride in frick every friday evening. we meet around 6:30-7 in the tennis court lot and start riding around 7. usually ride for a couple hours and then some people go down to ryan's pub or d's dogs.

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Thanks for the willingness. I'd need to get a new light before that ride. Sounds fun, though.

Just banging around the trails, I've hooked up with three guys that ride just about every day--one very fast--and that suits me pretty well. I'm taking at least a month off work as I settle into Pittsburgh, and riding every day I can, usually sometime between 2-6. In the last week I've been able to divine a pretty solid loop of about 15 miles or so. On weekends I head to North Park.
    So, if you want to ride, my number's above, or just reply to this.

I may have the trail names off, but, to note: I park at the tennis courts, head down Braddock 2track to the 1track (great little warmer!), then take that bottom 2track (nine mile run?) right, to the road and cross over to "the slags" and "276", do a bunch of that, then cross back over the road and bump right along the creek, crossing the creek and going left just past that last "WETLANDS: STAY OUT" sign. Winding up those switches, then down through the features and either the "chicken" or the "jolly roger" routes [and the chicken is more fun, AND harder], winding down, crossing back over and going right on 2track, then up to the left in what I think is called "back yard trail" with a bunch of little crossings. Then I take Falls Ravine and Riverview (in that order?) over to the Five Points intersection, then take Off Camber or Roller Coaster, and work up to Iron Grate, bomb that, then try sprints up a 2track up to the parking lot. Of course, I still get turned around putting this together, and would dig tips. Also want to try any other trails or combos.
    So, hopefully this wash will clear out and I'll trim it up a bit tomorrow.

Hope to see ya'll out there,

AJ