mtbr member
    Mar 2007

Pittsburgh Ride 2/14/10

With all the snow in the woods, there is just no way to ride the regular trails. So, my friend Jerry invited me to his neighborhood for a city ride. Started out in Shadyside, and had a nice 2-3 mile warm up on the back streets. Then it was into Frick Park to try the trails.
    Frick was surprisingly good as long as you stayed on the packed snow. It was like riding one long skinny, any lapse in concentration and it was an immediate stop in the soft stuff, followed by putting a foot down in almost knee deep snow. I don't know Frick too well, but I know we stayed on the main trails, usually double track. Any of the real singletrack was impassable.
    After wearing ourselves out on the trails, it was on to a quick tour of Schenley, Oakland and the CMU campus. Total was 18+ miles, a lot of it on actual trails, much better than expected. Here's a few pics for your enjoyment.

IM000011
    IM000015
    IM000014
    IM000018

Frick Park Entrance
    IM000020

Phipps Conservatory
    IM000021

Thanks for looking,
    Dave

Gravity's Gone
    Excellent. Thanks for sharing.

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Nice to see some others out enjoying some mid february madness.Thanks for sharing!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Nice stuff guys!

Good to see, P-burgh guys, and props to ya for rid'in that DEEP S**T

18 miles

Thanks...

Did you ever have ham?

Pittsburgh Ride 2/14/10

AWESOME!!!

Looks like you all had a blast!!! I know what you mean about getting caught in the deep stuff and having to put your feet down. The bad thing about when I went out and had to dab was I keep putting off getting new sneakers and the ones I am wearing have holes....makes for cold feet! LOL!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!