mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Pittsburgh bike shops?

I'm gonna be passing through this weekend any good shops/trails worth stopping for?

Life is Good
    Where you coming from, where you going and how long will you be in the area? What kind of riding do you want to do?
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Aug 2010
    I'm coming from ohio and I'll be staying downtown for 2 days it's starting to look like I won't have time to ride but would still like to see a couple shops I don't really have any good shops near me.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    If you are downtown, the two easiest shops to get to would be Probikes and Biketek both in Squirrel Hill both on Forbes Ave. I would suggest Big Bang Bikes also, but they are a little further out of town. Top of the line shop though. Dirty Harry's is another good shop, but even further outside of town. If you do find time to ride, Frick Park, off of Forbes Ave. is the easiest place to get to for trails.

Life is Good
    ^What he said. Frick park is right in town and has some great trails. Dirty Harry's is a little bit north of Pittsburgh and is in Verona, PA along the Allegheny River, it's a great shop but it's probably about 20 minutes away.
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain

mtbr member
    you might also want to check out Thick Bikes on the South Side. the weather looks like it should be really nice this weekend you gotta head over to Frick if you're gonna be in town.