Thread: Philly ride

Happy Trails
    Apr 2010

Philly ride

Will be in Philly last weekend of July and would really like to get a ride on wissahicken (apologize for the spelling). i will be staying in center city and have quick access to the path along the schuylkill river. Would love to hook up with someone and ride the trail mentioned above.could meet at the water works or along the area where all the row team houses are??? any interest let me know. Last time I tried this it got rained out. keeping my fingers crossed.

Singletrack, Microbrews and Pigskins...Almost Heaven

mtbr member
    Go to[PMBA] Philadelphia Mountain Biking Association and check the rides, they have one almost every night and for different skill levels (no drop or fast pace). I don't know if you'll find someone to meet you along the Schuylkill river path, most people meet at one of the trail heads or Valley Green Inn. You should be able to find a map of the park on that website. Also, send a message overthere and I'm sure you will find someone to give you a tour. It is definately worth it to get a ride in the Wiss if you are in Philly. I've had friends who come into town and are amazed that there is that amount of quality riding located in a City. Enjoy.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

Happy Trails
    Apr 2010
    thanks

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    As you get closer to the time you're here, put up another post and maybe I can give you a guided tour.

Which ride are you bringing? I see from your profile that you have a SS and FS 29er. Also see that you're from Richmond. Another nice trail system located in city limits.

Happy Trails
    Apr 2010

My Steed

I ride a Lenz Leviathan 4.0 and a GT Peace SS both 29ers. I'll be bringing the Leviathan next weekend.