5 13.89%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jan 2011
    What's the build date?

mtbr member

Dirt, and lots of it.

We have dirt folks.

While we are still finishing up the final design phase, and raising some additional funding for natural fencing to keep out atv's and motorcycles, the Philadelphia Park and Recreation Department dropped off this dirt (and rock) this week.

We aren't ready to start digging just yet, but soon.... Keep your eye on Philly Pumptrack for all the latest information.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Philly is getting a PumpTrack!-dirt-lots-it_s.jpg  

Kenn Rymdeko
    "It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain

mtbr member
    On Saturday 5/5 from 12 to 3, the Philly Pumptrack is hosting a community event to discuss the project and community engagement at the Parkside Evans Recreation center (53rd and Parkside, Phila, PA). Please join them for some great discussion, some free snacks and beverages, and possibly a ride with Harlan Price around the area. More detailed info can be found at Philly Pumptrack.

EDIT: While a community Build Date is not set yet, groundbreaking will be in about two weeks for the initial ground clearing.
    Last edited by kenn72; 05-03-2012 at 02:36 AM. Reason: additional info on build dates
    Kenn Rymdeko
    "It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Today is the big day. We just found out that Councilman Curtis Jones will be speaking at the community event today.

Harlan will also be leading a group ride for kids and adults from the site around 3:00. (Personally, I think he picked that time so he didn't have to help clean up).

See you there!
    Kenn Rymdeko

Dinner for wolves
    Good luck to you guys. I hope the day is a success. I will be at work for the next 12 hours, so no go for me.
    Responds to gravity

mtbr member

Groundbreaking

Today went well. Very Well! Thanks to all of you that attended!

Coming soon: pics of the construction....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Philly is getting a PumpTrack!-2012-05-05_09-36-03_437.jpg  

Philly is getting a PumpTrack!-2012-05-05_10-40-00_275.jpg  

Philly is getting a PumpTrack!-2012-05-05_12-15-28_330.jpg  

Philly is getting a PumpTrack!-2012-05-05_12-21-01_727.jpg  

Philly is getting a PumpTrack!-2012-05-05_12-34-34_726.jpg  

Last edited by kenn72; 05-05-2012 at 03:50 PM.
    Kenn Rymdeko

chk-chk-boom
    Drove past yesterday, still just an open lot with piles of dirt.

Hopefully it can be transformed into something like this recent creation...

Truckee Pump Track Project - Pinkbike
    I am a professional coffee processing unit.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    It's on! Gonna sign-up for the email updates and hopefully lend a hand some time soon.
    Philly Pumptrack: NEWSFLASH

mtbr member
    Some pics from the start of construction:

Philly Pumptrack
    Kenn Rymdeko

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Where is this?

mtbr member
    Building at:
    N 53rd St & Parkside Ave. N
    Philadelphia, PA 19131
    (just North of the Parkside Evans Recreation Center on Parkside Avenue)
    Ask me about Evansburg State Park
    Trail days. 3rd Sunday
    of the month.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Nice! ETA?
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Spring. We plan to rough in the build with a solid base, let it settle over the winter and put the final top layer on in spring!

mtbr member
    Please let us know if there is anything we can do to help. (e.g. labor or work days etc).
    Thanks
    J
    Niner Rip 9 RDO w/ 140 Pike
    2012 Specialized Secteur

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    Every Saturday 10-1 from now until the weather gets bad is volunteer work days. Please come down to help. We have a list of things that really need to be done!

Contact me at 717 253-3298 if you have any questions.
    Pumptrack Location
    https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...07045,0.014741

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    bump....
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member
    Was out there this past weekend, things are moving along quite well, I'm impressed!
    The novice track was able to be ridden and it was great to see kids & adults on it. The advanced track is looking good as well.
    Thanks!
    J
    Niner Rip 9 RDO w/ 140 Pike
    2012 Specialized Secteur

mtbr member

Philly Pumptrack Update

Sorry it's been so long since I updated here.

As you know, we finally made it through all the red tape with the city, and there was a lot of it! But the weather is clearing up and we are digging every day.

The city gave us so much soil that we added a second small track we are calling the beginner line, which is ride-able now.

The main track is about 50% complete but not quite ride ready. We still a lot of shaping to do, and the rain gardens still need to be started (filled with root mulch and planted). But progress is going fast now. If the weather holds up, we appear to be ahead of schedule for our May 10th Grand Opening.

For more up to date details, please view the Philly Pumptrack website (Philly Pumptrack) or our facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/PhillyPumptrack)

Post from the Philly Pumptrack fb page:
    The weather for this weekend is 68 and sunny! Bring your bike and check on our progress and help us make a final push to get the main track complete.

This week we made a lot of progress: the rain water collection system is full of rain water, the beginner track is looking and riding great, and we are about 40 - 45% finished shaping the main track.

And that means we need to get people riding to find the areas that need adjustment.

We will be shaping, tamping and a number of miscellaneous projects. Novices and kids are welcome. We also have 9 bikes on site for loan (onsite only), thank you to a generous donation from SE Bikes. Our friends at Fuji Bikes gave a generous donation of 20 more helmets this week!

As always, we will have snacks, beverages, gloves, tools, etc. But feel free to bring yours if you prefer.

We will be out working both Saturday and Sunday starting at 10:00 AM, and stay until about 4, and taking riding breaks throughout the day.

Heavy rain will cancel the workday. If you have any questions, please call Kenn at 610.659.4430.

Stop by if you are available for 30 minutes or all day.

See you Saturday! (or Sunday)
    Philly is getting a PumpTrack!-20140405_183343.jpg
    Philly is getting a PumpTrack!-20140329_120324.jpgPhilly is getting a PumpTrack!-volunteer-day.jpgPhilly is getting a PumpTrack!-berming.jpgPhilly is getting a PumpTrack!-1544536_10152328292661248_1167772425_n.jpg
    Kenn Rymdeko

mtbr member
    Awesome work!

mtbr member
    Nov 2013
    Thanks for letting me check out the track when I stopped by last weekend on my visit to Philadelphia. It looks great. Some day I'll figure out how to ride these things!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mbmtb View Post
    Thanks for letting me check out the track when I stopped by last weekend on my visit to Philadelphia. It looks great. Some day I'll figure out how to ride these things!
    Glad to have met you!

Riding a pumptrack is like dancing - the rollers and berms are your partner and you learn how to react to them at different speeds. The better you follow them, the sooner you begin to lead.

On a side note, we are still out everyday, and Saturday and Sunday. We welcome volunteers, and test riders.
    Kenn Rymdeko

mtbr member
    Just wanted to let everyone know that the grand opening is May 10th! We will be out working everyday until then. Saturday and Sunday we start at 10. Weekdays will be noon til dark. If you come, bring a bike.
    Kenn Rymdeko

mtbr member
    Here's a link to all the info on FB: https://www.facebook.com/events/7141...an_user_joined
    Kenn Rymdeko

mtbr member

Philly Pumptrack Progress 5/4

Progress Update:

Beginner track is complete - planting to occur at the grand opening on May 10th.
    Main track still soft, not rideable yet.
    Screener working like a charm.

Workdays occur everyday/evening until the grand opening on the May 10th. Mayor Nutter will cut the ribbon, and Todd "the Wildman" Lyons from SE Bikes will bless the track.

Philly is getting a PumpTrack!-workday-setup.jpg
    Philly is getting a PumpTrack!-se-mural.jpg
    Philly is getting a PumpTrack!-screening-progress.jpg
    Philly is getting a PumpTrack!-beginner-track-complete-sans-plants.jpg
    Kenn Rymdeko

mtbr member
    Awesome work keep at it!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast