mtbr member
    Jul 2011

Philly Gear Beg: Avid Juicy Bleed Kit

Howdy Philadelphites,

I just received a knockoff Avid Juicy Bleed kit and started to bleed my brakes, only to find that the included syringe fitting does not fit my caliper's bleed port [I have some 3yr old Juicy 3s]. Gnashing of teeth.
    So, I was hoping some generous folk here might let me borrow your syringes; I have everything else needed. Of course, I could pick them up from you and return them, or do it at your place, whatever's easiest for you. Also, I live only a few blocks away from Rittenhouse Town, so could arrange a meet-up if you wish.

Thanks for reading,

AJ

mtbr member
    I had the same problem but, it worked on the front but, not the back. I was able to get it to work "good enough" on the back but, definitively not right. I'm just going to use it as an excuse to upgrade my brakes.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I had the same problem with my kit and Juicy Ultimates. I contacted the guy and he told me to "press harder" Right. Wish I could help you out but I'm just taking mine to a shop to have them deal with it.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bisicklay View Post
    Howdy Philadelphites,

I just received a knockoff Avid Juicy Bleed kit and started to bleed my brakes, only to find that the included syringe fitting does not fit my caliper's bleed port [I have some 3yr old Juicy 3s]. Gnashing of teeth.
    So, I was hoping some generous folk here might let me borrow your syringes; I have everything else needed. Of course, I could pick them up from you and return them, or do it at your place, whatever's easiest for you. Also, I live only a few blocks away from Rittenhouse Town, so could arrange a meet-up if you wish.

Thanks for reading,

AJ
    I would try posting on phillymtb.org
    Bikes, lots'o bikes

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Hey, PM me if you'd like. I drive to and ride at wissahickon a few times a week, so I can definitely help you out. Let me know when is a good time of day for you....

mtbr member
    I have a set of the proper syringes. I use them pretty often though, so maybe we could meet and take care of it.

PM me and we can set it up.
    Kenn Rymdeko
    "It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Jul 2011
    Sweet. Thanks for the recent posts; I'll PM at least one of you folks.
    Ridiculously, and appropriately, I kept riding on my soft brake (the rear, figuring I could rely on the front in most cases), and I took a very downhill turn with too much gusto, had to brake on the front with the rear not grabbing, and had an awkward fall, subluxing/dislocating my right shoulder. It happens during some violent sport every 2-3 years, so it's not too big of a deal, but it's kept me off the bike for the past two weeks. Rrr. Well, I should be able to get the bike in good shape before I ride again.
    Thanks again.