mtbr member
    May 2007

People to ride with in the South East

I have been riding since 04, almost exclusively solo. I don't have any friends that ride as I picked it up as a hobby that soon grew into a lifestyle. I don't think that I can grow as a rider without having some people to ride with. I live close to Brandywine and ride any area trails as often as I can. My schedule dosn't permit me to get to the Valley Green in time to be a part of the PMBA group rides, nor can I get to Fair Hill In time to meet the trail Spinners. The trails that I frequent are Brandywine, White Clay/Middle Run, Fair Hill, Wiss, French Creek, Downingtown and Marsh Creek. If there is anyone local to where I am that is part of a scheduled group ride on the weekend let me know. Or if anyone is looking for someone else to ride with PM me. I want to become a better rider and there is only so much I can teach myself.

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    there is a yahoo group named "downingtown mountain bikers". Join it and you'll get notices for rides in D-town, Marsh Creek, French Creek, and sometimes even Wiss/White Clay, etc.

mtbr member
    You can also join Mountain Bike Meetup http://mountainbikes.meetup.com/ and search for the Philadelphia Mountain Biking Association and Philadelphia Mountain Biking Meetup.

There are regularly scheduled rides all over the place.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    You can also join the Trail Spinners Yahoo group. Any impromptu group rides (such as weekend rides) are posted there and you could also post a ride request of your own.

www.trailspinners.org Follow the link to the Yahoo group.

Tim S

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    The Philadelphia Mountain Bike Assoc. (PMBA) is camping at French Creek this weekend. Campsite #9 per the online newsletter. Should be group rides going on all Weekend!
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

W.M.A.
    we have a little ride we do on wednesday nights at 6pm from LoweRiders in downingtown... actually got started right here on MTBR... turned into an MTB team of 35 riders or so... we ride all year long... anywhere from 2-25 riders show up... some superfast others not so much(me). we ride either marsh creek or downingtown

Loweriders Gig - Downingtown

also check out this site that was started by one of our riders...
    http://www.cyclohub.com/

a few of us also do a tuesday night valley forge ride... weekend rides all over, but usually races when its the season...

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    http://mountainbikes.meetup.com/137/ Philadelphia Mountain Biking Meetup

We don't do regularly scheduled rides to the parks you mentioned, but we do hit them from time to time.