mtbr member
    Apr 2009

PennyPack (Trails near Pine Rd.)

I was back in PennyPack today and the single track right from Pine Rd. has a bunch of stuff blocking the second part of the trail. It has a wooden sign that says stay out of my Habitat with a picture of a squirrel. You can still enter in off Pine Rd. right over the bridge, but once you finish that single track and hit the larger dirt road then continue up the hill crossing over the larger dirt path, this is the part that is blocked.

I have not been there in 2 months but this was open last time I was there. I also never saw squirrels there and the track was definitely not interfering with them. It cracks me up because to add insult to injury we now how to pay for a permit to ride in PennyPack. I think something should be done because I am not sure this blocking off the single track is legit.

RIDE FOR LIFE
    did you say we have to buy a permit to ride at PennyPack????

mtbr member

Permits

Permits were always required but not enforced. They can be purchased in the Environmental Center; and the folks there may be able to advise on the trail closure too!

I know there is a section of trail near the Center that has always been closed to horses & bikes. It is used for hiking only and environmental programs. But the area you are referring is much further west.

Let us know what you find out!

Quote Originally Posted by iron_horse10
    did you say we have to buy a permit to ride at PennyPack????

RIDE FOR LIFE
    well I'm only 15 do do i really need a permit and can i buy then there and how much do they cost because I don't want to get kicked out.

Road Bike Review Member
    I have never had a permit and i have been riding the park for 20 years.........no worries
    Air Nine One Nine, and a few Cannondale....rip Salsa
    ...work is something I'm forced to do between riding and fishing

mtbr member

Permit

I, also have never had a permit & have been riding there for the last 10 years. I have never been stopped by a ranger (but they are required).