mtbr member
    May 2007

Pennypack ? -- bathrooms?

Does anyone know if ANY of the bathrooms in Pennypack are open, or of any nearby convenient rest stops to the Frankford park entrance? Pennypack seems so well maintained, except for this one issue! Not so friendly to female riders!

thanks!
    Sara

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    wow, didn't even know pennypack had bathrooms. fortunately, as a guy, the whole park is my bathroom.

wot no bike?
    Wow, someone who actually stays properly hydrated during a ride! Sadly I have no use for restrooms (or bushes) when I'm riding.
    pete

mtbr member
    Feb 2006
    The only one I can think of is the Porta-potty at Pine Road. Othar than that, any kind of stores or fast food places are at very least a few blocks away from the path. There is a Wawa a few blocks up the hill from where the path crosses on Krewstown Road.

Inbred Homebrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by seraph123
    Does anyone know if ANY of the bathrooms in Pennypack are open, or of any nearby convenient rest stops to the Frankford park entrance? Pennypack seems so well maintained, except for this one issue! Not so friendly to female riders!

thanks!
    Sara
    The ones in Lorimer park are reasonably clean and always open, afaik. (west side of creek, north of Moredon Rd)
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]"mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by seraph123

thanks!
    Sara
    There are bathrooms. The bathrooms are on the paved trail. If you enter at Frankford Ave, head towards Pine Road. You will see the bathrooms on your left hand side, about 1/8 of a mile after going under the bridge of Verree Road. They are not nice, but they are bathrooms, with sinks and soap and toilet paper and stuff. Also, sometimes they put a porta-potty on the parking lot of Verree Rd and on the parking lot of Pine Rd. I rather use the bushes though!
    Enjoy!