Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Ride da mOOn Moderator

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Pa Role Call started 11/12/07

[SIZE=2]To all:

Other forums have roll call:

Here's ours for the great State of Pa...Introduce yourself, and feel free to post any or little info you like. A Pic or Pics of yourself are good! Favorite Ride area, Bike, Beer, Favorite Story....Open door com'on in...

I will post mine after we get it rolling!
    [/SIZE]

out of shape
    20 male from doylestown pa
    i ride a cannondale F6
    u can see me at core creek most the time
    wissahickon and neshaminy occasionally
    not much of a beer drinker
    doylestown pa
    SS cannondale F6

Now broadcasting from CO

Me next!

Hey all... name's Jake
    age see above...
    Home= West Chester
    Trails I frequent @ home= Marsh Creek, Valley Forge, French Creek, Brandywine, Fair Hill, White Clay/Middle Run

Current Location= Carlisle (sophomore @Dickinson College)
    Trails at school= Michaux goodness... there's enough here to last a lifetime.

Brought to you by rocks.

Shrinking Clyde Rider :-)

Chiming in

They call me Tom or TurboTom, the turbo has nothing to do with my riding. I am a car guy by nature :-) I am 29 years old. The Mt Top trails are my normal stomping grounds, but I have been known to hit up trails from Jim Thorpe to Merli-Sarnoski and a few in between. I ride an 06 Speacialized FSRxc.

Here I am on the Summit View trail in Mt Top

BIKE!!
    Nov 2005

Me

My name is Gary Mikulski
    I ride a Jamis XC Pro
    My favorite riding spots include, Mainville, Danville, Roaring Creek, Mountain Top, JT, and my personal favorite the Chinese Downhill
    Here is a picture of me at Roaring Creek (Aristas)
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member

Me & Wife

Scott & Laura
    Ride in NE PA...Lackawanna State Park, Merli-Sarnoski, Hubbard, Frances Slocum State Park, Prompton State Park.
    Scott - 2007 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp
    Laura - 2007 Giant Trance 2
    Photos from a ride at Prompton in the spring.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Now broadcasting from CO
    Sweet pictures SLAMA. whereabouts in PA is Prompton?
    Brought to you by rocks.

Dinner for wolves

Greetings from W.Philly

What up party people!

Serge from W. Philly
    I'm 34 yo and into all things bike oriented. First it was touring, then fixies, now mountain biking. I ride a rigid SS 1998 GF Aquila, because I like to do things the hard way
    When I get the chance to ride, I shoot for the Wiss, but occasionally I end up lost at Belmont. Thanks to the good information I have found here at MTBR, I may start to branch out to some of the mtb spots farther afield. I typically ride alone, because my friends have more money than time. I, however, have the opposite problem. Pleased to meet yous.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    I'm Jonathan, 38, from Yardley. I ride a K2 Crush. Just started riding a couple months ago. I ride at Core Creek a lot because it's only 5 minutes away.
    But I also hit Mercer and Pennypack. Really looking forward to hitting more trails/parks in the future.
    I am a member of Singletrack Attack Mountain Bike group (a meetup.com group) and usually ride with people from that group. But always interested in riding with new people (as long as I can keep up! LOL!).
    Last edited by fightnut; 11-14-2007 at 10:41 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2007
    hello simple biker from franklin county ride some @ michaux and around Gowans Gap state park just started riding again last spring after a 10 year hiatas before that I road a bone stock rigged bca old 100 dollar bike we did this loope we called the pipe line that went between us rt 30 and pa 16 latley just trying to hit the mts to learn new stuff I ride now a Gary Fisher hard tail wtih front shock

JoeD
    Oct 2006
    Joe from Pittsburgh here. Greetings Scott & Laura and all the folks from NEPA. Been riding a Titus Moto-Lite, have recently made the switch to big wheels(and loving it). I have a Niner Air 9, and am now demo'ing a Niner R.I.P. full suspension 29er.
    Here in the 'Burgh area, we have a plethora of riding places; Boyce Park, Frick Park, South Park, North Park, Laurel Mt, Apollo/Roaring Run, Bavington, Deer Lakes, Hartwood Acres, Moraine State Park, all within an hour's drive of the city. Look us up if you ever get to the area : http://www.porcmtbclub.org/index.html

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I'm Jonathan, 25, from Bensalem. I ride a Santa Cruz Chameleon on the trails and a Trek 1200 on the road. I usually ride at Core Creek, Neshaminy, or Penny Pack. On rare occasion, I'll ride out at the Wiss or at Blue Marsh.
    "It never gets easier, you just go faster." - Greg LeMond

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PAmtbiker
    Sweet pictures SLAMA. whereabouts in PA is Prompton?
    Pamtbiker: Thanks! Prompton State Park is in Northeast PA in Wayne County near Honesdale. Not too far from Scranton.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_pabiker
    Joe from Pittsburgh here. Greetings Scott & Laura and all the folks from NEPA.]
    Joe: It's great to hear from you. When are you coming back to NEPA to ride? We can't wait for next year's RCST BASH!!! See ya!

banned
    Favorite trail is Prompton Dam. No comparison to anywhere else. I'll be heading back for winter rides soon it anyone wants to go.

Rothrock at State College is another fantastic bet.

trail addict
    My name is Jamie, from Bloomsburg, 32 years old, but I try not to act it. I ride a Specialized Hardrock Pro Disc. When it isn't too hot, I like to bring my German Shepherd, Indy along-not to brag, but people have often complimented that he has great trail manners! My buds and I mostly ride at Geisinger these days, but there are few other local places we go, like roaring creek. When I visit family near Doylestown, I try to go ride high rocks. I went to snowshoe for 3 days and diablo for one day this year-definitely going back to diablo a few times next year! I am shopping for a heckler for next year. Favorite beverages are microbrews or homebrew (I make my own when I have time!).

You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

Life is Good
    Justin from good ole' Latrobe PA. The Laurel Highlands are my favorite haunting grounds, and although I live in Las Vegas now (briefly), Western PA will always be my home.

My bike? 2004 Specialized Enduro Pro, heavily modified. My beer? Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA. Mmmm mmm good.
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Sorry no pictures yet

Scott Priester, 37 years old, I live in the Point Breeze neighborhood of the City of Pittsburgh.

I ride a Cannondale Rush and a Bianchi MUSS. Frick Park is in my back yard, one of the greatest things to happen to my life. The riding is great, never have to load up car for it. The bike culture here in Pittsburgh is fantastic.

I love to travel with the bikes and stay at Bed and Breaksfasts along the way.

out of shape
    Quote Originally Posted by nHurD
    I'm Jonathan, 25, from Bensalem. I ride a Santa Cruz Chameleon on the trails and a Trek 1200 on the road. I usually ride at Core Creek, Neshaminy, or Penny Pack. On rare occasion, I'll ride out at the Wiss or at Blue Marsh.
    i lived in bensalem my whole life until about 7 months ago, what neighborhood are you from?
    doylestown pa
    SS cannondale F6

It's life and death
    Hey.....Im Lee...Im from Levittown in Bucks County...I ride a Kona Kikapu with upgraded forks, pedals and brakes....I usually ride Core Creek, Neshaminy and Pennypack..Im open to offers to ride elsewhere...my fave beer.....anyone been to oz??? crown lager or a carlton cold..other than whatever is on tap!!!!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by den9
    i lived in bensalem my whole life until about 7 months ago, what neighborhood are you from?
    I live in the Korman apartments near the Neshaminy Mall...I moved there about 3 years ago from the Harrisburg area
    "It never gets easier, you just go faster." - Greg LeMond

Soft AND Tender
    Jun 2005
    Hey Jake! Were you on the MBM Pine Grove / Grave's Ridge ride a couple weeks ago? If so, it was great riding with you and I look forward to seeing you on another ride soon!

mtbr member
    Mike from Langhorne, PA. I ride a Trek 8000LT since 2001. My usual rides include Pennypack & Wissahickon in Philadelphia; Core Creek & Neshaminy in Langhorne; Mercer in NJ; Blue Marsh near Reading. I have been to Fruita (Kokopelli); Front Range trails in CO; and Moab three times. And I recently acquired a used road bike. Still getting used to the whole idea of it!
    Last edited by trekmike; 11-22-2007 at 05:45 AM.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Jon from Pittsburgh, PA - live right by the South Side. Ride a franken DJ bike.

I ride urban/road/whatever. I'd like to get out to NEPA this coming year too..
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

mtbr member
    May 2007
    seth
    west chester
    GF Supercaliber 29
    Wiss
    Fairhill
    French Creek
    Blue Marsh

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast