mtbr member

Smile PA road trip finalized, i think?

thanks once again for all the help.

heres what we have so far

leaving form toronto ontario canada this Friday 6am
    Get to the border, stripped searched for 2 hours
    Ellicotville - Holiday valley by Noon, ride 3 to 5 hours

Drive through De Bois then to Harrisburg
    Find a hotel via hotwire (49 to 90 bucks a night) if anyone has some favorites let me know (indoor pool) would be nice and internet access to check mtbr

Saturday either Michaux or Rattling Creek - possibly both
    Sunday make the drive to 7 spings (is it good to go there even without chair lift access)
    OR Rattling Creek / Michaux if we didnt get to do it the day before.

Monday either hit up one more trail on the way home, or leave early to get back to holiday valley in ellicotville.

Some feedback would be great, we want to stay away form the rockier stuff, as we have a trip planned to New Found Land for mid June.

thanks
    STEVE
    If I wanted to objectify a women I'd do it on my terms not theirs.

smartass
    If you're looking for DH trails, check out Blue Mountain. Not only is it open, but it's a little closer than 7. www.verticalearthpa.com

As for your other plans, damn son, that's ambitious. Haven't been to Michaux in years, but just rode Rattling Creek this spring again and it was great. Highly recommended.

You'll be here for Dirtfest weekend at the Allegrippis trails at Raystown Lake. May want to consider that as an option as well. Those trails certainly fall into the "no rocks" category.

mtbr member
    2nd the Raystown suggestion.

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by amish_matt
    If you're looking for DH trails, check out Blue Mountain. Not only is it open, but it's a little closer than 7. www.verticalearthpa.com

As for your other plans, damn son, that's ambitious. Haven't been to Michaux in years, but just rode Rattling Creek this spring again and it was great. Highly recommended.

You'll be here for Dirtfest weekend at the Allegrippis trails at Raystown Lake. May want to consider that as an option as well. Those trails certainly fall into the "no rocks" category.

Less time in the car = more time riding.....
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

mtbr member

more finishing touches

looks like the breakdown is this

elicotville friday
    michaux / rat. creek saturday
    sunday blue mtn
    monday morning, raystown

staying at the howardjohnson in harrisburg (38US a night, you cant camp a night in southern ontario for that cheep)

thanks again to everyone who helped
    if anyone is interested in a one year old yeti 575 carbon frame, i will be bringing it down with me large, hope qr, rf post rf bb and xtr front der.

thanks once again
    STEVE
    If I wanted to objectify a women I'd do it on my terms not theirs.

mtbr member
    May 2010
    There's two HoJos, but it doesn't really matter you're close enough either way to try yourself some of the ABC:

Appalacian Brew Company