Nice no rass

OT: Good hiking near PGH airport?

Looking for any recs on good hiking near the airport. I'm picking up my wife Sunday afternoon and we want to hike the pup somewhere around there before heading back to Mt. Pleasant.

Can anyone recommend a good 5-6 mile hike with anything worth seeing or hiking to down there?

the unvarnished nonsense
    IIRC, Racoon State Park isn't too far from the airport. We rode there once back in the mid-90's, had some nice trails, seemed like it saw little use. Lots of stream side views and wildflowers. Not sure how much distance is there, you might try to google it for more info.
    "Sufficient to have stood, yet free to fall."
    -John Milton, Paradise Lost

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by davis
    IIRC, Racoon State Park isn't too far from the airport. We rode there once back in the mid-90's, had some nice trails, seemed like it saw little use. Lots of stream side views and wildflowers. Not sure how much distance is there, you might try to google it for more info.
    There is one loop at Racoon that I believe is 20 miles! I have yet to do it, but there is a geocache which has coordinates that take you to all the scenic and historic stops along the way.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/neare...eek&submit4=Go Lots of coordinates and directions here.

mtbr member
    Raccoon Creek State Park is really nice. I've only been there once but i'm gonna have to get out there more this year. There is even a wildflower reserve there, I think it's like a coulple hundred acres. The park itself is one of the biggest state parks in PA.

Nice no rass
    Looking it up now...thanks guys.