Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ganginwood

OT Bobcat while skiing

Here's a pic of something we "skied into" on Saturday. You know your in big woods when come across these things.
    For the record, I am extremely upset at the fact that this majectic creature is no longer roaming the forest and I am not an advocate nor a supporter of hunting. The smile is more from the adreneline of getting so close to the cat and the fact that the "hunters" ( and I use that loosely) had loaded weapons. We congratualted them on the kill to be diplomatic however I doubt there is any skill in training 2 dogs to corner a bobcat in its den and then shoot it from 8 feet away as they admitted doing. Unfortunately the "tour guide", which in itself is illegal on gamelands if he was paid, claimed that it was their third one this week.
    I posted the picture so everyone can see the beauty of these animals. Not to brag about a dead cat. Believe me, I feel terrible about the entire incident and somewhat wish I did not take the pic. They are much cooler to see running around in the woods then hanging on the wall.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Gotta love Americans and there guns...

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CazzaMazza
    Gotta love Americans and there guns...
    Gotta love Jews and their guns.... or how about... Gotta love Muslims and their guns? Yep... just gotta love those Iranians and their guns...

Those sound good to ya as well?

Poor kitty.

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Looks like I hit a sore spot. I am still astounded by the Guns over here since moving to the US. Oh and how can you compare Muslims and Jews to the US? I dont see the relevence?

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Guns don't kill bobcats... People kill bobcats! I would guess if he shot it with an arrow we would have "Arrow" control! Would the animal be any more dead if shot with an arrow? You make it sound as if he was wrong to hunt bobcats! Com'on its not someone's CAT... It's a wild amimal in "State Gameland" How about bagging Rabbits or Pheasents with dogs? The use of dogs is a tool to allow the hunter to locate the kill.

No Gun control! But guns do control people! Aren't all races legaly living here in America....Americans? I never saw a racist gun yet!... LOL!

Let me know how it works out if your ever confronted by a gun wielding moron and you have no GUN! Oh ya... you won't be able to let me know now will you? Or out skiing and confronted by a hungry Black Bear! When a Black decides to eat you he doesn't give up no matter what! Try taking to that! Good Luck!

So let's remember how you now have the right to ride your Mt Bikes and XC ski and live "FREE" in the USA!... Hum seems we did it with Guns............ not talk or controls!

So your aginst hunting, yet you took a pic of the kill? Hum.. if he hadn't killed the bobdcat you would never have a pic of the majestic animal! Did you express your true feelings as posted here to the hunters with loaded guns as you talked to them?

So here's the real deal you feel bad but you took a pic of the kill and posted it here anyway on a Mt Bike forum for all to see!

2 words "Mike Huckabee"

Just my take! What do I know
    Supporting Hunters Everywhere
    Last edited by NEPMTBA; 01-07-2008 at 10:20 AM.

Trail eater
    Looks like I hit a sore spot. I am still astounded by the Guns over here since moving to the US. Oh and how can you compare Muslims and Jews to the US? I dont see the relevence?

hey cazzaMazza, where did you move from?
    Climb like a goat, descend like a banshee

mtbr member
    Dec 2007
    Where?

my church is the woods

gotts ta luv them "sportsmen"

quick response to Lee:
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA

Let me know how it works out if your ever confronted by a gun wielding moron and you have no GUN! Oh ya... you won't be able to let me know now will you? Or out skiing and confronted by a hungry Black Bear! When a Black decides to eat you he doesn't give up no matter what! Try taking to that! Good Luck! [SIZE="3"]So are you trying to compare this to the killing of a bobcat? do you think these guys who shot and killed the bobcat did so out of the need of self protection?[/SIZE]

So let's remember how you now have the right to ride your Mt Bikes and XC ski and live "FREE" in the USA!... Hum seems we did it with Guns............ not talk or controls!
    [SIZE="3"]A rather selectively narrow view of history that I don't have the time to tell you all that is wrong with that statement. There are books about it. I'd recommend Howard Zinn's "A People's History of the United States" [/SIZE]
    So your aginst hunting, yet you took a pic of the kill? Hum.. if he hadn't killed the bobdcat you would never have a pic of the majestic animal! Did you express your true feelings as posted here to the hunters with loaded guns as you talked to them?

So here's the real deal you feel bad but you took a pic of the kill and posted it here anyway on a Mt Bike forum for all to see![SIZE="3"] He started a topic of conversation on this PA forum, something you do almost everytime you yourself do after you go for a ride or rake a trail or have something to say in general[/SIZE]

2 words "Mike Huckabee" [SIZE="3"]...is a radical cleric who supports the group of tyrants that overthrew our federal government.....Did I win?[/SIZE]

Just my take! What do I know
    Supporting Hunters Everywhere
    No offense here Lee, It wouldn't be as exciting on this forum without your 2 cents.
    peace, moonraker

mtbr member
    that sucks that there is one less bobcat roaming around out there but it is legal to hunt them so i got no problem with that. i'm not going to criticize the hunters for participating in a legal activity. now if the hunters violated the hunting regulations then i would have a problem. if you thought that that animal was taken unlawfully then you should have gotten the hunters license plate # and contacted the game commission.

banned
    It is called making irrational and sweeping generalizations. It has nothing to do with a comparison.

My generalizations make about as much sense as yours do.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by moonraker
    quick response to Lee:

No offense here Lee, It wouldn't be as exciting on this forum without your 2 cents.
    peace, moonraker
    No offense in my 2 cents either It is there for all to read. As you know you have the options to disagree, not read, or respond as do I and everyone else here on the forum as long as they are to the topic. That's what makes it so great! If we all agreed we would have a pretty boring forum.

From my point of view the topic doesn't make sense. Stopping to take a pic then saying it is wrong is well... WRONG! The hunter has every right to hunt. Let's look at the real point. The hunter was in no way causing trouble for anyone and it was the XC skier who approached the hunter according to the post. You don't see a pic of a hunter standing with skiers do you? Hum maybe the hunter can assume XC skiers are all on Crack or looking for places to dump garbage! Maybe the XC skier was leading a tour for money? Run a muck? Yes... indeeed!

The statement of "oh by the way it's illegal to lead tours for money in SGL" is like saying well ridng Mt Bikes in SGL is illegal too. So are many other things! Where's the point! Why assume there was a tour beign led when it's not your business nor you were not a party to the accusation of such said event! Read the post it is filled with nonsense about making the hunter out to be a wrongful person for enjoying his sport. That's why I ask if the real opinion was given as a pic of the kill was taken If you don't agree with the action why jump right on in and oh get a pic of this guys. Hunters with "loaded guns" Is that assumed to be a threat to someone? Wow, mt bikers with downhill bikes that travel at high speed can kill if your hit by one!

Yes, a Bobcat is a wonderful creature to look at and it was in no way chasing the hunter, but it's callied hunting for a reason. It's a sport enjoyed by millions. Is it right to say golfers are dangerous cause they walk around swinging clubs?

Yes, there are books about all things, why do you feel only your books are correct? I will indeed read the suggestion you posted. Having an open mind is a good thing! I responded to the fact that I support hunting! Many people I ride with are hunters and they work to build and maintain legal trails for Mt Bikers! Are all mt bikers good? No! Are all hunters Good? No!

It just looks like an attempt to assign titles to the hunter as him doing lot's of things wrong. Since this is posted on a Mt Biking board it is biased to non hunting, but what would be the opinions if it were posted on a hunting board? If you XC ski in SGL or private property where hunting is allowed you have to relize you will see hunters well..."HUNTING" like it agree with it or not.

More of my 2 cents!

3 "fiddy" for short
    Quote Originally Posted by Invites
    now if the hunters violated the hunting regulations then i would have a problem.
    I am a hunter and I would be equally upset if I saw someone acting with disregard. I think most hunters would be offended by those that have little respect for the animal, other users, and regulations.

But, this doesn't appear to be the case here. They were hunting for a game animal and were successful. Good for them!

Good thoughts!!

3 "fiddy" for short
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA

No offense in my 2 cents either It is there for all to read. As you know you have the options to disagree, not read, or respond as do I and everyone else here on the forum as long as they are to the topic. That's what makes it so great! If we all agreed we would have a pretty boring forum.

From my point of view the topic doesn't make sense. Stopping to take a pic then saying it is wrong is well... WRONG! The hunter has every right to hunt. Let's look at the real point. The hunter was in no way causing trouble for anyone and it was the XC skier who approached the hunter according to the post. You don't see a pic of a hunter standing with skiers do you? Hum maybe the hunter can assume XC skiers are all on Crack or looking for places to dump garbage! Maybe the XC skier was leading a tour for money? Run a muck? Yes... indeeed!

The statement of "oh by the way it's illegal to lead tours for money in SGL" is like saying well ridng Mt Bikes in SGL is illegal too. So are many other things! Where's the point! Why assume there was a tour beign led when it's not your business nor you were not a party to the accusation of such said event! Read the post it is filled with nonsense about making the hunter out to be a wrongful person for enjoying his sport. That's why I ask if the real opinion was given as a pic of the kill was taken If you don't agree with the action why jump right on in and oh get a pic of this guys. Hunters with "loaded guns" Is that assumed to be a threat to someone? Wow, mt bikers with downhill bikes that travel at high speed can kill if your hit by one!

Yes, a Bobcat is a wonderful creature to look at and it was in no way chasing the hunter, but it's callied hunting for a reason. It's a sport enjoyed by millions. Is it right to say golfers are dangerous cause they walk around swinging clubs?

Yes, there are books about all things, why do you feel only your books are correct? I will indeed read the suggestion you posted. Having an open mind is a good thing! I responded to the fact that I support hunting! Many people I ride with are hunters and they work to build and maintain legal trails for Mt Bikers! Are all mt bikers good? No! Are all hunters Good? No!

It just looks like an attempt to assign titles to the hunter as him doing lot's of things wrong. Since this is posted on a Mt Biking board it is biased to non hunting, but what would be the opinions if it were posted on a hunting board? If you XC ski in SGL or private property where hunting is allowed you have to relize you will see hunters well..."HUNTING" like it agree with it or not.

More of my 2 cents!
    VERY WELL PUT (on both of your posts)!!!! I couldnt have said it better myself.

mtbr member

Hey NEPMTBA

You give your "2 cents" but your not making much sense to me. You sound alittle crazy the way you attacked ganginwood. Why don't you just relax. You got too much energy dude, go ride your bike and calm down. Besides, Mike Huckabee is only pulling 12% of the NH vote. You should start rooting for Obama.

BIKE!!
    Nov 2005
    I like what everyone said in defense of hunting so far. For the comment on it probably doesn't take much to train dogs to do that, don't knock it unless you know what your talking about. I have trained beagles before for hunting rabbits and that is a great task that requires many many many hours of work which results in a great relationship between you and your dogs. Hunting is not all about the kill, there is a great bond you get with your hunting friends and mother nature.

This is why this area sucks. If all of the outdoor enthusiasts in the area would join forces we could make great things! But I forgot, we are all to worried about who likes who and the high school drama scene.

You didn't have to knock hunting in the post, seems like you were looking for a rebuttle. Surprise surprise.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle Chest
    You give your "2 cents" but your not making much sense to me. You sound alittle crazy the way you attacked ganginwood. Why don't you just relax. You got too much energy dude, go ride your bike and calm down. Besides, Mike Huckabee is only pulling 12% of the NH vote. You should start rooting for Obama.
    No offense here!

He came upon a hunter who was minding his own business and made it look as if the hunter was doing wrong. Sorry... I don't agree with that! As I wouldn't agree with a hunter saying something of a Mt Biker minding his own business. My opinion and it's not bashing anyone in anyway. I'm not wrong for pointing that out as you can see others agree with me.

Mike Huckabee told of how he wouldn't show a bashing commericial then went and did it anyways. Then removed it and as you know once it's out there it spreads.

If I rode anymore it would be my job... LOL!

I would guess you don't post much with 6 total! Not a hunter either? How would you feel if your mt bike trip was posted on a hunting forum in an untrue negative light!

You know as well as I do anytime Hunting or Guns are posted here it brings comments. But let's be real the hunter was doing nothing wrong nor am I for pointing that out! Sorry if you don't see it!

mtbr member

Nepmtba

I was just trying to get you fired up dude
    I got no problem with hunting. Just keep killing those poor defensless little animals with your GUNS you MACHO man. Stop typing, I was Just joking!
    Have fun riding brother.
    PS for the record that was a low blow with the 6 post's comment

3 "fiddy" for short
    I was just trying to get you fired up dude
    I got no problem with hunting. Just keep killing those poor defensless little animals with your GUNS you MACHO man. Stop typing, I was Just joking!
    Have fun riding brother.
    PS for the record that was a low blow with the 6 post's comment
    That post is so last hour. You now have 7 posts.

Do you work for 'Shares??

mtbr member

7 Big ones

Oh wait now its 8

Yes I do. Do you work for someone?

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Oh wait now its 8

Sorry for the low one on the posts, but 8 is my fav number! We gotta get ya to 10, double digits are so "NOW"

Typing is so "Right Now"
    Smileys are so "Today"

Legally hunting Bobcats and other unarmed defenseless little creatures with trained Dogs is so "FUN"
    Don't worry dude they make more!

Fired up about rid'in!
    Woo Hoo..... 60 degees!

BIKE!!
    Nov 2005
    Can't wait to ride tommorow! Something we should all be able to agree on!

mtbr member
    Jan 2006
    On our French Creek ride this past Saturday we passed a father and son both dragging deer out of the woods on the multi-use trail. As a hunter and a father, trust me this had to be a cool day for both of them. No different than when you and your kid have a clean ride on Rocks Ridge Trail, or both hammer the Blue Marsh loop in good time. Quality time spent either way.

It does seem odd the the OP is really digging the hands on experience of the Bobcat and then trashes how it came to be????

Mike
    Mike

3 "fiddy" for short
    Oh wait now its 8

How do I say this......huh hum.....[SIZE="1"]FLOPS.[/SIZE]

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Mike:

Quote" It does seem odd the the OP is really digging the hands on experience of the Bobcat and then trashes how it came to be???? "Quote

That's exactly what I speak of. Oh ...by the way let me hold it and take a pic, but unsaid to the hunter "Wait why did you kill it you bad person holding a loaded gun? Hum.. is that guilt by association or an accessory to the kill?... LOL!

By all means Wolfmansbrother8's comment is the best!

"Quote This is why this area sucks. If all of the outdoor enthusiasts in the area would join forces we could make great things! But I forgot, we are all to worried about who likes who and the high school drama scene.

You didn't have to knock hunting in the post, seems like you were looking for a rebuttle. Surprise surprise. "Quote

Mike: You have to live up here to understand the jock high school drama thing! We all laugh about it all the time! Like the "Hey you look'in at my girlfriend thing" Next time I see ya in person I will explain and you can get a laugh also! I hope Wolfmansbrother8 is there. You have to hear it from him.

Cracking Up!... LMAO

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by WolfmansBrother8
    Can't wait to ride tommorow! Something we should all be able to agree on!
    Gary:

Ya Think?

I'm bring'in the Singlespeed!
    Mud Sweat & One Gear!

As Jeff would Say "RIDE ON"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast