Last, not lost.
    Jul 2010

Ole Bull Midnight Madness

Did anyone else here do this race? It was my first and it was amazing. The weather was unbelievable for August, and the course was pretty good. I got in 3 laps before the ice chest called my name, that and I didn't take a light for the night laps.

If you don't know about it, here's the link to the site.

Beautiful state park and scenery is great. I've been snapping pictures of vistas for my flat-lander friends. Here's one from my 3rd lap (my 3rd lap was faster than my 2nd, despite the photo op).

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Yes, great place, glad you hit it. I couldn't make it this year...

...did they go up Joreg road to the Swarthswood climb? It is a really steep one!

Last, not lost.
    Jul 2010
    Yes, but apparently they reigned in the climb and added more singletrack. It was still a bear though.
    Not my lap, the overall fast lap time was 1:03.xx. I saw that guy finish his night lap, impressive.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    That is a great time considering the climbs!

Thanks

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Joerg Run Road is a MONSTER!
    Pretty fun coming down it that's for sure. From our cabin, I usually run all way down 12 mile road, then down Joerg Run to the Campground, then take 144 to 44, then ride up Rte 44 back to 12 Mile Road, that nasty climb...
    Maybe next year I will have to try that race...

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    I remember the first time racing there, going up Joreg thinking when does this let up only to find Swartswood trail was next and was once an old d log slide. True also, Rt 44 is a real mountain, I smoked a set of brakes years ago coming "down" that.

What a great state park and overall area to ride and fish