Not Smart Enough to Quit

Off Topic; Traffic from Scranton to Allentown

Hey guys, I need a bit of local knowledge & don't know where else to turn. I'm leaving Scranton at around 3 pm on a Friday & trying to get to the Allentown airport (Lehigh Valley) to catch a 5:15 flight. Is traffic going to kill me? If traffic is not an issue I should be close to ok, if it usually gets bad, I'm sunk!

Thanks!
    The standing eight count & three knockdown rules are in effect on this trail.

http://compvelo.com/content/

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    I would have to say its gonna be bad! 2 hrs 15 mins doesnt sound like enough time. I dont live near Allentown(50 mins away) but I know traffic can get pretty bad especially that time on a Friday.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    you should be fine. i've done the same thing numerous times. i live in Dunmore and have made it to the allentown airport in less than two hours. easy. just take the turnpike. quickest way.

Jason
    + 1 for the turnpike. Shouldn't be a problem.
    Jason

mtbr member
    May 2009
    I live near the airport, I think you can do it...that area is normally a low traffic area.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    The only gotcha will be if you hit rush-hour traffic on 22 between the 309/78 interchange and Fullerton Ave.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I dunno, that's gonna be close. It took me 30 minutes the other day to get just from 378 to MacArthur Rd on 22, and the Scranton to Bethlehem drive is normally 90 minutes. You'll be cutting it close if there's traffic, and that's assuming you have a swift park job and processing at the airport

I'm attached to my bike.
    Quote Originally Posted by ira4ever76
    you should be fine. i've done the same thing numerous times. i live in Dunmore and have made it to the allentown airport in less than two hours. easy. just take the turnpike. quickest way.
    Where at in Dunmore? I was raised in the Bunker Hill Section and went to DHS.

Not Smart Enough to Quit
    Quote Originally Posted by XJaredX
    I dunno, that's gonna be close. It took me 30 minutes the other day to get just from 378 to MacArthur Rd on 22, and the Scranton to Bethlehem drive is normally 90 minutes. You'll be cutting it close if there's traffic, and that's assuming you have a swift park job and processing at the airport
    Thanks for all the replies. I knew I could count on ya'll!

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about since I gotta drop off a rental. How's security there? Pretty quick?

BTW, what's there to do in Hagerstown on a Saturday night?
    The standing eight count & three knockdown rules are in effect on this trail.

http://compvelo.com/content/