Thread: Noxamixon

mtbr member

Noxamixon

Visiting my sister and brother in law who live in perkasie and they tell me there is a little trail down the road that some ride. He's got an old 26 Ventana with grip shift and v brakes in the garage. Hasn't been ridden in years so I pumped up the tires and took it for a spin. Unfortunately the rear shock is shot and the front is pretty close to death too. But tires are holding air.

I rig the rear to lock out and raise the seat as far as I can because the frame is a couple sizes too small. I got board shorts and sneakers and a helmet and get my 14 yr old nephew who has not ridden the trail to ride along.

We get to the trail head , couple of cars in the parking lot and I'm thinking a dinky little trail will at least be some exercise.

Wow! Did we have fun! Some great flowy single track, no crowd, nice bermed out turns and cool rock garden sections. Nothing too technical but just enough to keep your attention. Nice work by the trail builders! What a gem!

Anyway, we rode for about 2 hrs, got lost but found the way out and really had a great session. My main bike (giant anthem x1 29) would have been great but couldn't bring it. Trail was so much fun even on that beat up old 26! You guys have some great stuff up there in Pa!

Thanks to those who put in the work - Noxamixon rocks! Can't wait to ride it again!

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Yes, great trail, well built. No crowd? you must have been there before 5. I think the parking lot was expanded this year to handle all the traffic

mtbr member
    Thought I would revive this thread should anyone be interested. Rode the Nox today and it was in very good condition. A few wet spots but all in all a great day in Ottsville!