mtbr member

Nox Night riding

Assuming the trails survived Sandy, I was wondering if you can night ride at Nox. I have to work up in Doylestown all next week and would like to get out up there if its not too tore up and night riding is allowed.

If anybody has info on night riding and a trail report before Monday, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I can't speak for this year, but last year there were specific group rides scheduled for night riding that were worked out with the park, I don't believe it was otherwise allowed, however.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Night riding is not allowed in any State Parks as far as I was told, but there is a way if you work it out with the park as we did years ago at Frances Slocum SP. We met with the park manager and he had an application that allowed riding for one night only, but he worked it out so we could ride Tuesday nights from April to October.

Of course we also filled out the volunteer park helper application and help to maintain the trails also on a regular basis.

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Ooooh, then there's this... sounds like it got hammered good:

ATTENTION: Nockamixon Mountain Bike Trails CLOSED

mtbr member
    wow...im sure many PA trails will need lots of help.
    "foot to pedal, wheel to dirt, there is no substitute for the act of riding "

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XJaredX View Post
    Ooooh, then there's this... sounds like it got hammered good:

ATTENTION: Nockamixon Mountain Bike Trails CLOSED
    Wow - that is a real shame; looks like mother nature took a dump up there. I went through the website and a lot of good people put in a ton of work to make a nice family friendly trail system. Looks like a great place to take your little rippers to get into mountain biking.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Wow! that's ashamed,started riding there recently and am smitten with the place,good luck with clean up.we were a bit more fortunate here at Mt Penn,actually got some bonus log overs,but have mucho derailleur killers!