mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Not from PA- Conditions at Blue Marsh?

Hey all! I used to live in PA and always loved to ride Blue Marsh.

I live in NJ now and was hoping to get out to Reading in the near future (Sunday?), but I was wondering what is the general rule of thumb for "waiting after the rain."

I know the area takes awhile to dry out after the spring thaws but not sure if the trails drain better around this time of year after the couple of days of rain I assume you guys just had out there in Reading.

Thanks!
    I guarantee I will never, ever be accused of bringing sexy back...

Inbred Homebrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by Molasses
    Hey all! I used to live in PA and always loved to ride Blue Marsh.

I live in NJ now and was hoping to get out to Reading in the near future (Sunday?), but I was wondering what is the general rule of thumb for "waiting after the rain."

I know the area takes awhile to dry out after the spring thaws but not sure if the trails drain better around this time of year after the couple of days of rain I assume you guys just had out there in Reading.

Thanks!
    I'd think that if it doesn't rain between now and then, you'd be fine by Sunday. But the forecast calls for more showers tomorrow morning, hot on saturday, followed by scattered thunderstorms on Sunday. Probably not the best weather for riding out there...

That said, much of the trail around the lake drains well. There are some problem spots just before State Hill - but that's just a big section of hard-packed doubletrack that fills with big puddles - more 'wet' than 'muddy'. Also gets muddy out around the ski area (miles 15 - 20 ish). In other words, it might not be too bad sunday (assuming you beat the T-storms) - but it's a crap shoot either way.
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]"mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Hey thanks for the feedback! I will probably bail this weekend as the weather may be questionable and I live about 2 hours away!
    I guarantee I will never, ever be accused of bringing sexy back...