mtbr member
    Apr 2008

NorthEastern/Central PA State Parks

i am looking at going to these three State Parks this summer..
    Ricketts Glen State Park
    Raymond B. Winter State Park
    World's End State Park

has anyone here gone to them? any comments on the trails they have, places to go, etc? i just want to see if there are any decent trails for me to ride.

Shrinking Clyde Rider :-)
    I am not sure about the rideable trails at Ricketts Glen, but the hiking trails around the falls is something to be seen.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    i have hiked the falls trails so many times.. they are amazing.. i have 100s of pics of them on my computer...

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Forget riding Mt Bikes at Ricketts, although there are designated routes in SGL up the road a bit. All NE trail info is in the sticky first in line on the page. State routes are listed there. Try Frances Slocum, Lackawanna or Prompton SPs for Mt biking in NEPA

mtbr member
    Although i havent ridden there yet.... world's end state park is an aweosme place. I pass through it very often on my way to my hunting area in bradford county. It is beautiful with AWESOME vistas and dirt roads leading to them. I'm not sure of what type of mtn biking trails are there though... have you done any research on it?

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    havent done much reasearch on world end, i hike at ricketts glen a few times each summer, and i have mt biked once at RB Winter last summer.. they have good trails there

GoCyco
    Nov 2005

Promise Land

great trails.
    Hickory Run is also good and there is an old race coarse that links to the park trails.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    Trails are endless at RB Winter.....

http://www.highspeedcycling.com/rocktober_info.html

mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Hickory Run

I would watch going to Hickory Run, since any type of mountain biking isn't really permitted on any of its trails thru the park. I have known some people that have been stopped. I did some riding there up to about 5 years ago, mostly on the 4th run trail which I wouls link to some others. But they have put a lot of crushed stone on most of this trail which makes it pretty much boring. Just use some caution.