Thread: North Park

Zen Master Flash
    Apr 2006

North Park

Does anyone happen to have (or know where I could find)a map showing some of the trails in Pittsburgh's North Park? I just started a new job down the road and am hoping to get some riding in after work.

Thanks!
    "There's only two kinds of music: good and bad..."

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    There are lots of trails in NP. Post up on www.porcmtbclub.org and you'll find the folks in the know. There was a mapping effort a while ago, I don't know if it was ever completed.

Dave

mtbr member
    You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake

mtbr member
    looks like lots of work, its fantastic they did this but I wish the map had a few road names on it I cant make heads of tails without some point of reference.

I live in the Strip and ride in Frick often but would like to try North Park, I want some faster flowing tracks, the trails I ride at Frick are a little slower (for me) and more technical.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by kmoses

Zen Master Flash
    Apr 2006
    Thats awesome, thanks for all the help guys! Any of them I should make it a priority to ride?
    "There's only two kinds of music: good and bad..."

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Lee
    looks like lots of work, its fantastic they did this but I wish the map had a few road names on it I cant make heads of tails without some point of reference.

I live in the Strip and ride in Frick often but would like to try North Park, I want some faster flowing tracks, the trails I ride at Frick are a little slower (for me) and more technical.

Ray
    don't forget there are trails in schenely too - panther hollow. mostly gravel paths, but there are some sections of singletrack - one technical, other not so much
    Oh noes. I'm going to drink the Kool-Aid.

mtbr member
    There are usually weekly group rides at North Park. Check the PORC forums calender for dates. You could also use the boat house or tennis courts. If you've been there those places are easy to find.

Trails in North Park are longer and better connected than at Frick. Hartwood is also great. Frick is within riding distance of my house. You can get a good 10+ mile mostly singletrack ride at frick if you connect the trails up right.
    You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake