mtbr member
    Feb 2004

North Central PA

Hello,

I'm from a small town in north central PA called Liberty. It's 30 miles north of Williamsport. Does anyone here live/ride around Blossburg, Mansfield, Liberty, Williamsport or Wellsboro?

Thank!

Keep on Rockin...

Smile We swapped emails a while back........

Quote Originally Posted by DreamTheater
    Hello,

I'm from a small town in north central PA called Liberty. It's 30 miles north of Williamsport. Does anyone here live/ride around Blossburg, Mansfield, Liberty, Williamsport or Wellsboro?

Thank!
    There is a regular group of bikers who ride over towards Wellsboro. Most are roadies who do some xc.

Anyway, we've, or mostly I've, been riding a fair amount the last few weeks over by Denton Hill. Most of the trails I ride are about 1/2 xc 1/2 technical-freeridish, but nothing crazy. If you're into that sort of riding I think the trip over here would be well worth your time. I'm probably riding about 4 days a week now. There is only a handfull of mtb oriented trails over here at this point, but what we have is really good. Enough to fill a days worth of riding. This Sat I'll be passing you to go back downstate for Easter but if weather permits I'll be riding this Friday mid-afternoon. When the season is in full swing I'll usually ride 6 days a week.

If I'm not riding I'm usually building trails on my land clearing some paths on the State Forest Land (I got the green light from the Forestry folks).

I'll try to attach a pic of a taken from yesterday's ride. This one's right in my backyard and it's a bit technical. It courses through most of the rocks at the top of the pic. One of my riding partners.

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Miker J; 04-07-2004 at 07:45 PM. Reason: pic

mtbr member
    Mar 2004

Cool-blue Rhythm Hello from Friendsville!!

I live in Friendsville in Susquehanna County. I have an 03 Kona Dawg I am waiting for that I got on e-bay. Should arrive next week. Can't wait. I did some riding years ago and got out of it ( long story ) anyway she's gone now So a new bike and a new start. Its encouraging to hear the state is cooperating. We have plenty of riding areas around here. I'm looking forward to exploring the possibilities. Perhaps we can get together once my ride is here. Until then - happy trails.
    Dave

mtbr member
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by DreamTheater
    Hello,

Thank!
    I am interested in riding the forrest near Arnot, PA are you familiar?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Very Familiar!!

I just road near Arnot earlier today! Not sure what side of Arnot it is, but if you go out Arnot one of the ways, you start going up hill, then on the right side you'll see a yellow gate. We ride in there sometimes. It is pretty much a climb all the way up, and then you have to turn around and come down. We also ride on Bloss mountain alot. I'm sure you've seen the radio towers on top of the mountain? Well right up by them there is some very nice singletrack.

Where do you live? Have you ridden around this area at all?

mtbr member
    I come up once a year to watch STPR (a rally race(no nothing to do with bikes))